- Tustin, CA, USA
- Full Time
This position offers a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, PTO, sick and 401(k).
Design West Technologies Inc. of Tustin, CA has an immediate need for a full-time Lead Software/Firmware Engineer. The successful candidate will be a key member of the project development/ execution team and is responsible for hands-on development of various firmware, software, and algorithm projects. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and 401(k). If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT DESIGN WEST TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Founded in 1994, DWT is a nontraditional defense contractor with the expertise and technical capabilities to design new systems or develop and implement enhancements to existing products through comprehensive testing and analysis. Vertically integrated from R&D to final assembly and testing, we offer a unique combination of electrical, chemical, and mechanical product development for weapons and CBRN systems with CNC machining, injection molding, robotic welding, assembly, design, testing, and engineering capabilities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A Lead Software/Firmware Engineer
This position will lead and execute software and firmware development as part of a diverse and highly technical team. Implement ML supported algorithms for data analysis, integrate various sensors into detection devices (write firmware), support data output from detection devices to network and cloud architectures and create software for user interfaces.
- Minimum B.Sc. in firmware/software related field with 10 years' experience. Sc/ Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering/ Computer Science or similar preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in firmware and software development
- Excellent programming skills
- Experience with Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with wireless communication (e.g., Zigbee, Wifi, GNNS, LORA)
- Capable of overseeing software/firmware development and responsible for achieving milestones
- Creative and curious mind, passionate about developing new capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mesh Network development experience is a plus
- Military network data integration is a plus
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable - traditional, sable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position working on, please fill out our initial quick mobile friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER including Disability/Vets