- 07-Mar-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- CTS - Sales
- TX, USA
- Full Time
Candidate Must Live near a major airport in either Texas, Arizona or Southern California
Durr Universal has a legacy of technology innovation for the power generation industry through engineered solutions of acoustic and emission/filtration systems. The Business Development Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining current customer relationships and identifying and developing new customers for power plant applications. This will include all discussions and negotiations with the aim to grow sales and expand opportunities. The Account Manager works in cooperation with Engineering and Project Management to ensure technical product alignment with customer specifications. The Business Development Manager will be responsible and accountable for keeping Sales leadership informed on all pertinent information which directly affects: sales, customer negotiations and discussions, competitive actions, or our business policy to provide quality products and services to its customers.
Build strong relationships with new and existing customers to drive sales growth Primary focus will be to actively pursue/qualify new accounts, markets, and products that match our core competencies
- Ownership of sales, market planning, performance metrics, forecasting and reporting, market pricing and margins
- Obtain knowledge in the application and general design of company products and ability to convey this in an effective manner to customers.
- Effectively communicate customer needs to internal key stakeholders in engineering, project management, and operations
- Respond to requests for quotes, meeting the quotation deadline established by the customer
- Understand customer's motives, needs and specifications
- Negotiate contracts in alignment with standard terms and conditions to achieve customer requirements and business goals.
- Demonstrate to customers that they have a strong advocate tied to common goals, along with the positive results they can expect from our business relationship.
- Preserve and improve the profit margins for all product and services sold using a keen sense of market trends
- Provide sales forecast data to anticipate upcoming opportunities.
- Facilitate resolution of customer complaints to ensure successful product implementation.
- Domestic travel required: 40-75%%
- Complete other duties as assigned
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business Administration with strong technical sales experience
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in relationship-based sales of technical turn-key projects in a manufacturing environment is required. Experience with Gas Turbine power plants is a plus.
- A strong technical background and experience interfacing with Engineering, project management teams is preferred
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office applications, SAP, and Salesforce.com is preferred
- Sales results and goal oriented with ability to balance multiple projects
- High energy level with a strong work ethic, well organized, and possesses strong analytical and reasoning abilities necessary in the art of "closing the deal"
- Must be a team player with ability to work in a diverse group
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive while developing positive long term relationships with customers, coworkers, and representatives
- Must be a people person with well-developed interpersonal skills. An innate ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful, mature and flexible
- Problem solving skills and abilities with a collaborative approach
- Personal commitment to Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) principles that aligns with the core value where, "We strive to finish each and every day incident and injury free."
- Dedication to integrity and performing all business transactions with the highest ethical conduct