- 15-Feb-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- APT - Sales
- Southfield, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Dürr Group is one of the world's leading mechanical and plant engineering firms. Products, systems and services offered by Dürr enable highly efficient manufacturing processes in different industries. Business with automobile manufacturers and their suppliers accounts for approximately 60% of Dürr's sales. Other market segments include, for example, the mechanical engineering, chemical and pharmaceutical industries and the woodworking industry. The Dürr Group operates in the market with five divisions:
- Paint and Final Assembly Systems: paint shops and final assembly systems for the automotive industry
- Application Technology: robot technologies for the automatic application of paint as well as sealants and adhesives Measuring and Process Systems: balancing and cleaning systems as well as testing and filling technology
- Measuring and Process Systems: balancing and cleaning systems as well as testing and filling technology
- Clean Technology Systems: exhaust-air purification systems and energy-efficiency technology
- Woodworking Machinery and Systems: machinery for the woodworking
We are a growing organization, and we are seeking a Junior Proposal Engineer to join our Application Technology division. Together, with the momentum of our business vision, we can achieve international success and added innovation in all of the themes which Dürr influences at a global level.
Location: Southfield, MI
Position Summary: The Junior Proposal Engineer is responsible for the development of technical solutions and the cost estimates for those solutions while under the guidance of the department manager and/or senior level proposal engineer.
The Junior Proposal Engineer must work effectively with other departments, Durr business units and outside vendors to gather accurate information as needed to complete the estimation and proposal packages on time. The following requirements apply:
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Work under the guidance of the department manager and/or a senior level proposals engineer to develop the following:
- Apply controls knowledge, i.e. robotic electrical engineering, integration of communication controls, and motion technology as needed to operate automation in coating / dispensing applications.
- Apply paint application equipment mechanical knowledge as needed to for automation in coating / dispensing applications.
- Develop technical solutions as they apply to customer requests and quote specs.
- Support Sales and Project Management departments in customer meetings
- Review customer specifications and be able to write clarifications regarding those specifications.
- Create mechanical and electrical work scopes for contractor bidding and hold contractor bid meetings
- Develop the proposals package (Bid Text)
- Develop general schedules/time-lines and their associated manpower plans for the proposed solutions
- Perform customer site visits (walk through) as needed for gaining understanding of the proposal project scope where modifications to existing equipment, or automation cells, are being proposed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS in electrical engineering preferred, or a minimum of 1-2 years' mechanical and electrical experience in automation within the automotive / Tier 1 coating industry. Working knowledge of automation controls a plus
- SAP experience is an advantage, but not a must
- German language skills are an advantage, but not a must
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, AutoCAD
- Education or knowledge of robotic and machine automation
- Education or knowledge of electrical engineering and control systems
- Excellent communication skills, ability to prioritize, schedule and delegate
- Team oriented, self-starter, quick learner
- Able to lead or follow, as appropriate for any situation
- Able to work on multiple different proposals at any given time
- Ability to travel, approximately 25%
Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition or disability, height, weight, or any other protected status. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Note to all Staffing Agencies: Dürr has a team of dedicated Human Resources professionals who are responsible for all hiring needs. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors on an as needed basis. We do not accept resumes from agencies that are not on our preferred vendor list and have not signed our Recruiting and Permanent Placement Contract. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and Dürr will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.