- 06-Jan-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- SS - Commercial
- Southfield, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Dürr Group is one of the world's leading mechanical and plant engineering firms. Products, systems and services offered by Dürr enable highly efficient manufacturing processes in different industries. Business with automobile manufacturers and their suppliers accounts for approximately 60% of Dürr's sales. Other market segments include, for example, the mechanical engineering, chemical and pharmaceutical industries and the woodworking industry. The Dürr Group operates in the market with five divisions:
- Paint and Final Assembly Systems: paint shops and final assembly systems for the automotive industry
- Application Technology: robot technologies for the automatic application of paint as well as sealants and adhesives Measuring and Process Systems: balancing and cleaning systems as well as testing and filling technology
- Measuring and Process Systems: balancing and cleaning systems as well as testing and filling technology
- Clean Technology Systems: exhaust-air purification systems and energy-efficiency technology
- Woodworking Machinery and Systems: machinery for the woodworking
We are a growing organization, and we are seeking a Commercial Specialist to join our Shared Services division. Together, with the momentum of our business vision, we can achieve international success and added innovation in all of the themes which Dürr influences at a global level.
Location: Southfield, MI
Provide contract review/administration support for wide range of customer/supplier contracts and other documents.
Key areas of responsibility
- Review, edit, and draft customer/supplier contracts and support internal clients in negotiating contract terms according to company guidelines. Related documents: Lien Waivers, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Surety Bonds, Commercial / Standby L/C's and Demand Guarantees.
- Review and modify customer insurance requirements to comply with coverage available. Consult with insurance broker as necessary to determine ability to comply and to obtain customized COIs. Provide standard COI to customer upon request.
- Assist in development/maintenance of standard contract documents and related processes and internal training programs.
- Applications Engineering
- Project Management/Project Controlling
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate contractual legal obligations in "plain English" to a diverse range of internal/external customers
- Proficient with MS-Word, Excel, Outlook (document redlining/comparison ability is essential)
- Good organizational skills and ability to work independently or as part of team
- Ability to work effectively on multiple, fast-paced projects, involving a diverse range of internal / external customers
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 3 years prior experience reviewing/negotiating contracts for supply and installation of large-scale process equipment required. Process equipment includes industrial air emissions control, battery coating, vehicle paint application, and industrial filtration / noise abatement.
- Experience with EPC contracts, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, and power generation industry contracts is a plus.
Other Position Requirements
- Physical requirements: standing, walking, bending, stooping, sitting
- Travel requirements: some travel could be required
Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition or disability, height, weight, or any other protected status. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
Note to all Staffing Agencies: Dürr has a team of dedicated Human Resources professionals who are responsible for all hiring needs. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors on an as needed basis. We do not accept resumes from agencies that are not on our preferred vendor list and have not signed our Recruiting and Permanent Placement Contract. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and Dürr will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.