- 30-Nov-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- CTS - Engineering
- De Pere, WI, USA
- Full Time
Dürr Megtec is a leading global supplier of environmental solutions and coating and drying products tailored to meet customers' industrial process requirements. We offer a complete portfolio of air pollution control technologies, coating, drying and curing systems, solvent recovery, and biogas purification systems.
We're looking for people who:
- Enjoy technical problem solving
- Enjoy determining high value solutions for customers in a competitive marketplace.
- Can work well under pressure and in Independent and Team environments
- Are driven towards personal development and improvement
This position's focus will be in solvent recovery systems including condensation, activated carbon adsorption and distillation. The position will support both the pre-sale and post-sale engineering of this equipment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Review customer inquiries and develop a technical solution to propose to the customer.
- Perform process calculations and size equipment to meet customer specifications and overall strategy.
- Review customer specifications and assure compliance with requirements or clearly identify exceptions to be taken.
- Develop specifications for procured components based on customer specifications and the technical requirements of the application.
- Clearly define scope of work and develop associated cost estimates.
- Work with designers to optimize the equipment layout for a project.
- Review vendor and subcontractor quotes for compliance with specifications and completeness of scope
- Work with Sales team to communicate with the Customer both directly and indirectly
- Develop Piping and Instrumentation drawings (P&IDs) for proposals and projects.
- Provide process engineering support to projects once they become orders.
- Drive product improvement and standardization of designs.
- Troubleshoot and solve process related issues with operating equipment.
The ideal candidate for this role has a process engineering aptitude and is comfortable problem-solving issues on industrial equipment. The successful candidate will be capable of translating those solutions into proposals for customers and assisting the Operations team in project execution.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of process engineering experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Understanding of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
While not required the following qualifications are preferred:
- Experience with Air Pollution Control equipment
- Experience with liquid systems, especially organic liquids.
- Experience in critically reviewing engineering, fabrication, or installation drawings
- Demonstrated knowledge of process equipment design
- Working knowledge of common process equipment such as:
- Heat Exchangers
- Familiar with EPA test methods and regulations
- Software experience with:
- Microsoft Office products
- Microsoft Visio
- Position will be located in De Pere, WI
- Position is salaried and will require working overtime, weekends, and holidays on occasion
- Physical Demands: Main duties are computer based. On-site duties, may include climbing stairs and ladders, and internal inspection of equipment.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition or disability, height, weight, or any other protected status. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Note to all Staffing Agencies: Dürr has a team of dedicated Human Resources professionals who are responsible for all hiring needs. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors on an as needed basis. We do not accept resumes from agencies that are not on our preferred vendor list and have not signed our Recruiting and Permanent Placement Contract. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and Dürr will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.