- 09-Nov-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- SS - Purchasing
- Southfield, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Dürr Group is one of the world's leading mechanical and plant engineering firms with outstanding expertise in automation and digitization/Industry 4.0. Products, systems, and services offered by the Group enable highly efficient manufacturing processes in different industries. Dürr supplies not only the automotive industry but also other sectors such as the mechanical engineering, chemical and pharmaceutical industries, and the woodworking industry.
The Dürr Group operates in the market with five divisions:
- Paint and Final Assembly Systems: Paint shops and final assembly systems for the automotive industry
- Application Technology:Robot technology for the automated application of paint, sealants and adhesives
- Clean Technology Systems: Exhaust-air purification systems and energy efficiency technology
- Measuring and Process Systems: Balancing as well as assembly, testing and filling technology
- Woodworking Machinery and Systems:Machinery and equipment for the woodworking the industry
Position Summary: As a part of the Shared Services-Purchasing group, the Buyer will participate in a variety of types of projects. This includes PFS, CTS, APT and ATS work. The Subcontract Buyer will be responsible for complete Subcontract generation, from the time engineering documents are received to placement of the order and any necessary change orders.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Generation of the project "boilerplate" documents which include: Owner Specifications, Owner T&Cs, Dürr T&Cs, Site Specific Requirements, Compatibility Information etc.
- Investigate potential sources for fabrications and subcontracts
- Coordinate, chair, and document Bid Package review meetings
- Assemble Bid Package documentation, create price sheets, installation schedules, and distribute to bidders
- Provide answers to all bidders for any questions that occur during the bid cycle
- Review bids and create pricing comparison summaries
- Coordinate and document clarification meetings with potential subcontractors
- Negotiate final pricing
- Document Pre Award requirements, obtain approvals, and create the Purchase Order in SAP
- Attend and support project meetings
- Willing to go to job site as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of three years Subcontract Purchasing experience in the equipment installation/construction environment
- Bachelor Degree required
- Bachelor Degree in an engineering discipline will be considered in lieu of purchasing experience
- Able to read engineering drawings - plan layout and sectional drawings
- Good organization and time management skills
- Strong negotiation skills are required
- Motivated, self-starting individual capable of executing assigned tasks and solving problems in a professional manner
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience with SAP is preferred
- Knowledge of construction installation requirements for both automotive and non-automotive industry
- Good communication skills, capable of facilitating and documenting meetings
Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, kneel, crawl, and use hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work may vary based on need. Maybe required to work holidays and weekends, Overtime may be required.
Travel: This position requires limited travel, less than 20%. Travel can be both overnight and during the business day, and can be both local and international.
Dürr Systems, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment drug testing.