- 03-Aug-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- PFS - Application Engineering
- Southfield, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Durr Group is one of the world's leading mechanical and plant engineering firms with outstanding expertise in automation and digitization/Industry 4.0. Products, systems, and services offered by the Group enable highly efficient manufacturing processes in different industries. Durr supplies not only the automotive industry but also other sectors such as the mechanical engineering, chemical and pharmaceutical industries, and the woodworking industry.
The Durr Group operates in the market with five divisions:
- Paint and Final Assembly Systems: Paint shops and final assembly systems for the automotive industry
- Application Technology: Robot technology for the automated application of paint, sealants and adhesives
- Clean Technology Systems: Exhaust-air purification systems and energy efficiency technology
- Measuring and Process Systems: Balancing as well as assembly, testing and filling technology
- Woodworking Machinery and Systems: Machinery and equipment for the woodworking the industry
Location: Southfield, MI
Position Summary: Responsible for the design and estimation of process equipment including PT ED, Booths, Ovens, Work Decks & enclosures working from customer specifications, including developing equipment layouts and process equipment schematics, and developing technical documentation for inclusion in sales proposals. Responsibilities require good communication skills for liaison with customers, suppliers and subcontractors along with Durr interdepartmental communication
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Analyze customer technical specifications
- Coordinate in-house estimating activities including relevant drawings and specifications
- Coordinate major subcontractors including conveyors, paint application, and paint mix
- Coordinate intercompany activities with offices in Germany and Mexico
- Develop layouts with layout engineer
- Develop Visio schematics for paint process equipment
- Developed Purchased Equipment lists
- Investigate alternate sources for equipment and subcontractors
- Develop detailed estimate spreadsheets for projects, management cost analysis and customer bid forms
- Develop technical specifications and clarifications for bids
- Develop project and job schedules
- Coordinate job handover
- Support job implementation by attending planning meetings, design reviews, etc.
- Conduct technical presentations and provide clarification to customers and other departments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Ten or more years of paint shop experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of process equipment design
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficient with Visio
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Ability to understand and maintain project schedules
- Good time management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good technical writing skills
- Able to effectively communicate with engineering and estimating departments, contractors, suppliers, and customers
- Able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Able to technically define problems and propose solutions
- Adaptable to change in a learning environment
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays when necessary
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and be able to pass a drug test at any time during employment.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee handbook
This position has no direct supervisory duties
Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Climb ladders or stairs
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary based on need. Frequent evening and weekend work are required. May be required to work holidays. Overtime may be required.
This position requires occasional travel, approximately 15%. Travel can be both overnight and during the business day, and can be both local and international.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition or disability, height, weight, or any other protected status. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Note to all Staffing Agencies: Durr has a team of dedicated Human Resources professionals who are responsible for all hiring needs. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors on an as needed basis. We do not accept resumes from agencies that are not on our preferred vendor list and have not signed our Recruiting and Permanent Placement Contract. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and Durr will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.