- 13-Jul-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- CTS - Service
- De Pere, WI, USA
- Full Time
Position Summary: The Commissioning Engineer is responsible for the commissioning of hardware and software to customer specifications. This is a field support position reporting to the Service Manager. This position may also require oversight/management and site supervision to meet the project goals and schedules. He or she must work closely with the individual site teams to ensure that installations are complete, ready for startup and the necessary resources and plans are in place for a successful startup and launch. The position requires travel and possibly extended stays at the job site(s)
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide commissioning for projects and products
- Conduct equipment start-up and debug
- Verify hardwired installation
- Debug controls hardware and software
- Record baseline data
- Mark up drawing changes
- Project performance and data collection
- Forecast project schedule
- Produce daily site reports
- Provide standby and customer support
- Provide 24/7 customer support on a rotating basis
- Support field personnel
- Support selection and controls of suppliers and Purchased Equipment vendors
- Assist with installation supervision as needed
- Perform preventive maintenance and inspections at customer sites
- Work as part of a team on major projects or individually on smaller projects
- Train customers on Drr Systems products
- Travel approximately 90%
- Perform inspections of existing equipment and generate a field service report based on findings
- Perform other duties as assigned
- An Associate Degree or equivalent in an appropriate subject (e.g., engineering, field service) is preferred
- Three or more years of position related experience in industrial process equipment, air handling, and combustion systems or in a similar industry. Experience commissioning industrial equipment, working knowledge of abatement products preferred.
- Computing / programming experience: RS Links & Logics (Basic), Windows and Office Suite
- Familiar with basic electrical and mechanical engineering principals
- Familiar with P&ID schematics and controls
- Familiar with regulatory standards (OSHA, NFPA, MSHA)
- Proficient with PLCs (e.g. Allen Bradley, Siemens)
- Able to read and interpret AutoCAD drawings
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good time management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good technical writing skills
- Able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Able to technically define problems and propose solutions
- Adaptable to change in a learning environment
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays
Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary based on need. May be required to work holidays or weekends. Overtime may be required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Drr Systems, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.