- 07-May-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- CTS - Engineering
- De Pere, WI, USA
- Full Time
The Durr Group is one of the world's leading mechanical and plant engineering firms with outstanding expertise in automation and digitization/Industry 4.0. Products, systems, and services offered by the Group enable highly efficient manufacturing processes in different industries. Durr supplies not only the automotive industry but also other sectors such as the mechanical engineering, chemical and pharmaceutical industries, and the woodworking industry.
The Durr Group operates in the market with five divisions:
- Paint and Final Assembly Systems: Paint shops and final assembly systems for the automotive industry
- Application Technology:Robot technology for the automated application of paint, sealants and adhesives
- Clean Technology Systems: Exhaust-air purification systems and energy efficiency technology
- Measuring and Process Systems: Balancing as well as assembly, testing and filling technology
- Woodworking Machinery and Systems:Machinery and equipment for the woodworking the industry
Location: De Pere, WI
The Electrical Designer will draw wiring diagrams, schematics, and layout drawings used to manufacture, install and repair Durr MEGTEC equipment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Design & create mark-ups of all drawings needed for a job including the schematics and P & ID's to the support drawings, assembly drawings, and flow diagrams.
- Draft detail and assembly drawings of design components and circuitry using computer-assisted equipment or standard drafting techniques and devices.
- Organize and coordinate projects including reviewing proposals, gathering information used in generating and/or revised drawings by reviewing existing drawings on AutoCAD, Microfilm, hard copy blueprint, or performing calculations
- Examine electronic schematics and supporting documents to develop, compute, and verify specifications for drafting data, such as configuration of parts, dimensions, and tolerances.
- Consult with engineers to discuss and interpret design concepts, and determine requirements of detailed working drawings.
- Identify, locate and procure components or services as may be required to complete assigned projects.
- Support of manufacturing in fabrication of design, purchasing components as
- Coordinate information with co-workers, customers and other departments.
- Review work orders and procedural manuals and confer with vendors and design staff to resolve problems and modify design.
- Release jobs for production and follow-through to ensure completion.
- Review blueprints to determine customer requirements and consult with assembler regarding schematics, wiring procedures, and conductor paths.
- Develop Bills of Materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school)
- Three to seven years related experience
- AutoCAD Electrical Package, Eplan is also beneficial
- Knowledge of electrical theory, control concepts and relay logic
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to understand and maintain project schedules
- Good time management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good technical writing skills
- Good communication skills with co-workers, suppliers, and customers
- Able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Ability to technically define problems and propose solutions
- Adaptable to change in a learning environment
- Self-starter capable of executing assigned tasks and solving problems in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends and holidays when necessary
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and be able to pass a drug test at any time during employment.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee handbook
No direct supervisory duties.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary based on need. May be required to work holidays or weekends. Overtime may be required.
This position requires limited travel, around 10%. Travel can be both overnight and during the business day, and can be both local and international.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Durr Systems, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Note to all Staffing Agencies: Durr has a team of dedicated Human Resources professionals who are responsible for all hiring needs. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors on an as needed basis. We do not accept resumes from agencies that are not on our preferred vendor list and have not signed our Recruiting and Permanent Placement Contract. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and Durr will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.