- 24-Feb-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- CTS - Engineering
- Stoughton, WI, USA
- Full Time
The Engineer is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the fields of Acoustics/Silencer Design and Aerodynamic Design of Ducted Systems. Responsibility includes advancing, developing and maintaining technical design and analytical capabilities and works with key technology partners. The role is also responsible for keeping the company abreast of regulations and technology advancements and participation in professional conferences. The SME also assists with customer proposals, performing product testing in the field and laboratory, and performs customer/site visits.
- S. or M.S. degree in Physics or Engineering with a focus in Industrial Acoustics or Noise Control.
- 5-8 years in Noise Control Engineering and Silencer design.
- Experienced using MS Excel spreadsheets and developing algorithms.
- Design silencers (reactive and absorptive) and ducting systems to meet aero-acoustic requirements.
- Silencer design and testing, performing field measurements and diagnostics.
- Familiarity with experimental testing and evaluation.
- Maintain/advance modeling tools used in aero-acoustic design and analysis and update as needed.
- Ability to design inlet and exhaust systems having demanding acoustics and low aerodynamic losses.
- Review, assess and evaluate customer RFQs and Specifications for product application; provide feedback to Application Engineer/Sales Team about any issues that impact feasibility or design development.
- Assist Sales and Application Engineering teams with customer proposals as needed.
- Provide technical leadership in developing products and business relationships.
- Research, track and report on global regulations and technologies affecting business.
- Perform field measurements, investigations, analysis and inspections including reports as needed.
- Support Sales on customer and site visits as needed; effectively communicate issues with customers.
- Hold in-house technical seminars educating staff and representatives in acoustic and aerodynamic designs.
- Publish technical papers in journals, magazines and similar media as possible.
- Self-motivated, able to manage multiple projects in parallel without significant supervision.
- Have the capability to prioritize jobs/proposals in order to meet submittal deadlines.
- Able to make decisions, accept responsibility and advise team as needed.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in English at ease with representing the company in front of customers, suppliers and partners.
- Willing and able to accept additional duties and responsibilities as necessary to promote and support growth and expansion of the Company.
- This position requires the ability to visit industrial sites, perform inspections, and climb ladders or stairs that can be well over 100 feet in height and carry instrumentation when necessary.
- Work (perform measurements) from bucket lifts up to 125 feet above grade.
- Work in close proximity to exhaust ducts and systems that can be well over 400F (200C).