- 17-Feb-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- APT - Software Engineering
- Southfield, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Durr Group is one of the world's leading mechanical and plant engineering firms with outstanding expertise in automation and digitization/Industry 4.0. Products, systems, and services offered by the Group enable highly efficient manufacturing processes in different industries. Durr supplies not only the automotive industry but also other sectors such as the mechanical engineering, chemical and pharmaceutical industries, and the woodworking industry.
The Durr Group operates in the market with five divisions:
- Paint and Final Assembly Systems: Paint shops and final assembly systems for the automotive industry
- Application Technology: Robot technology for the automated application of paint, sealants and adhesives
- Clean Technology Systems: Exhaust-air purification systems and energy efficiency technology
- Measuring and Process Systems: Balancing as well as assembly, testing and filling technology
- Woodworking Machinery and Systems: Machinery and equipment for the woodworking the industry
Location: Southfield, MI
The Software Engineer is responsible for the engineering and commissioning of necessary PLC, HMI and robot controller software to operate electrostatic painting systems using robotic automation. This is a front line, self-directed role with the customer that requires strong character and a professional manner to deal with highly stressful situations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create and/or commission software for robot controller.
- Create and/or commission software for programmable logic controller (PLC).
- Create and/or commission software for human-machine interface (HMI).
- Communicate effectively with other project team members, including project manager and the engineering team staff.
- Communicate effectively with customer as required.
- Assist in the development of written information as required for operating manuals and other internal/external documentation.
- Adherence to project schedule.
- Work as part of a cross functional team.
- Prepare and submit site status reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Robotic Technology or similar is required.
- In lieu of degree, 10+ years in SE role
- Minimum three years industrial robot controller software development
- Documented experience and/or course work in low viscosity fluid control systems.
- Solid grasp of field bus and hard IO interfaces
- Working knowledge of network protocols and routing.
- Ability to create complete ladder logic programs for automated painting systems using Rockwell and/or Siemens
- Strong computer skills including .NET and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of safety standards including RIA/ANSI 15.06.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Good technical writing skills.
- Able to effectively communicate with engineering and estimating departments, contractors, suppliers, and customers.
- Ability to adhere to project budgets for relevant areas.
- Able to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Able to technically define problems and propose solutions and write complete specifications.
- Adaptable to change in a learning environment.
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
- Spanish and/or German language skills preferred.
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and be able to pass a drug test at any time during employment.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee handbook
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Climb ladders or stairs
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary based on need. Frequent evening and weekend work are required. May be required to work holidays. Overtime may be required.
This position requires frequent travel (90%) often of extended duration. Travel can be domestic or international and will include weekends and holidays.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Durr Systems, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Note to all Staffing Agencies: Drr has a team of dedicated Human Resources professionals who are responsible for all hiring needs. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors on an as needed basis. We do not accept resumes from agencies that are not on our preferred vendor list and have not signed our Recruiting and Permanent Placement Contract. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and Drr will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.