- 03-Feb-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- APT - Mechanical Engineering
- Southfield, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Dürr Group is one of the world's leading mechanical and plant engineering firms with outstanding expertise in automation and digitization. Industry 4.0. Products, systems, and services offered by the Group enable highly efficient manufacturing processes in different industries. Dürr supplies not only the automotive industry but also other sectors such as the mechanical engineering, chemical and pharmaceutical industries, and the woodworking industry.
The Dürr Group operates in the market with five divisions:
Paint and Final Assembly Systems: Paint shops and final assembly systems for the automotive industry
Application Technology: Robot technology for the automated application of paint, sealants and adhesives
Clean Technology Systems: Exhaust-air purification systems and energy efficiency technology
Measuring and Process Systems: Balancing as well as assembly, testing and filling technology
Woodworking Machinery and Systems: Machinery and equipment for the woodworking the industry
We are a growing organization, and we are seeking a Mechanical Engineer with significant experience in High / Low viscosity Paint & Sealer Systems to join our Application Technology division. Together, with the momentum of our business vision, we can achieve international success and added innovation in all of the themes which Dürr influences at a global level.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Motivated, self-directed individual capable of executing assigned tasks and solving problems in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to provide project level leadership
- Participate in relevant trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Develop professional sales presentations tailored to the potential customer needs requirements.
- Design fluid and pneumatic control circuits
- Calculate pneumatic and fluid pressure drop and flow rates
- Create plan views, elevation and cross sections of system and equipment layouts
- Design mechanical assemblies and detail parts of assemblies for manufacture
- Create bill of materials
- Create work orders and/or purchase requests for manufacturing of assemblies and systems
- Release engineering drawings, material and mechanical designs
- Establish effective internal global communications regarding customers, products and services in order to maximize engineering and sales effectiveness
- Liaise with other members of the sales team and other departments / Dürr divisions to ensure good communication with each OEM
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering and/or 5 years of equivalent experience in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 years of experience in industrial or automotive paint shops with automated systems is a must.
- Capable of hands-on work
- A minimum of four years proposing and engineering low and high viscosity systems into OEM customers preferred.
- In-depth understanding of piping flow calculations, fluid dynamics, heat exchanger calculation and the willingness to grow the skillset. Dürr to provide additional training via international competence teams.
- Proficiency creating utility load estimations in the sales phase and detailed utility load calculation in the project phase (compressed air and flushing materials)
- Familiarity with industrial materials including paint and high/low viscosity sealers and adhesives
- Knowledge in material supply products such as pumps, regulators and heat exchangers
- Experience working in cross-functional teams with application engineering and operations groups relative to the application of products and execution of projects is desirable
- Creativity and attention to detail needed to develop project bid alternates unique to Dürr that provide a competitive advantage using Dürr products
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Siemens NX, Solidworks and/or Microsoft Visio
- Proven ability to engineer mechanical assemblies and detail parts of assemblies for manufacture.
- Know-How in creating bid packages for mechanical subcontractors in sales and project phases
- Experience with SAP and/or other Engineering Data Management systems is preferred
- Capable of reading and creating mechanical engineering drawings and tolerance blocks
- Knowledge of RIA 15.06, IEC, ATEX, NFPA, ANSI & OSHA standards
- Spanish and/or German language skills preferred.
This position requires moderate travel, roughly 20%. Travel can be overnight, but may occasionally occur during the business day, and can be both local and international.
Dürr Systems, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Note to all Staffing Agencies: Dürr has a team of dedicated Human Resources professionals who are responsible for all hiring needs. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors on an as needed basis. We do not accept resumes from agencies that are not on our preferred vendor list and have not signed our Recruiting and Permanent Placement Contract. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and Dürr will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.