- 25-Jan-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- CTS - Electrical Engineering
- De Pere, WI, USA
- Full Time
The Durr Group is one of the world's leading mechanical and plant engineering firms with outstanding expertise in automation and digitization/Industry 4.0. Products, systems, and services offered by the Group enable highly efficient manufacturing processes in different industries. Durr supplies not only the automotive industry but also other sectors such as the mechanical engineering, chemical and pharmaceutical industries, and the woodworking industry.
The Durr Group operates in the market with five divisions:
- Paint and Final Assembly Systems: Paint shops and final assembly systems for the automotive industry
- Application Technology: Robot technology for the automated application of paint, sealants and adhesives
- Clean Technology Systems: Exhaust-air purification systems and energy efficiency technology
- Measuring and Process Systems: Balancing as well as assembly, testing and filling technology
- Woodworking Machinery and Systems: Machinery and equipment for the woodworking the industry
Location: De Pere, WI
The ideal Electrical Engineer candidate will use electrical design concepts, equipment specifications, calculations, and project management to engineer products that meet performance, cost and time constraints..
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Use of sound electrical design methodologies in the development of industrial machinery hardware design.
- Produce program software - Specify and write software for PLC's and microprocessor based control systems using provided reference programs.
- Specify, program, and troubleshoot variable speed and servo drive systems
- Produce/program software - Specify and write machine operator interface software, both local and supervisory.
- Ability to understand high-level process functionality in a variety of industries.
- Specify, test, calibrate, and incorporate electrical instrumentation into overall machine design.
- Investigate customer issues; determine nature and extent of problem, and resolve.
- Startup/debug a variety of Drr Megtec products at customer site.
- Integrate equipment from many sub-suppliers into a common control package.
- Plan and implement research methodology and procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
- Manage project scheduling and provide coordination of electrical functions associated with the project.
- Develop budgets, estimating labor, material, and construction costs.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of components and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Previous experience with E-Plan or AutoCAD Electrical
- MS Office Suite, Previous experience with SAP Helpful
- Previous experience associated with the successful start-up, integration or design of printing and coating lines is a plus.
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and be able to pass a drug test at any time during employment.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee handbook
No direct supervisory duties.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary based on need. May be required to work holidays or weekends. Overtime may be required.
This position requires limited travel, around 15-20%. Travel can be both overnight and during the business day, and can be both local and international.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Durr Systems, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Note to all Staffing Agencies: Durr has a team of dedicated Human Resources professionals who are responsible for all hiring needs. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors on an as needed basis. We do not accept resumes from agencies that are not on our preferred vendor list and have not signed our Recruiting and Permanent Placement Contract. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and Durr will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.