- 08-Sep-2020 to Until Filled (EST)
- CTS - Engineering
- De Pere, WI, USA
- Full Time
The Durr Group is one of the world's leading mechanical and plant engineering firms with outstanding expertise in automation and digitization/Industry 4.0. Products, systems, and services offered by the Group enable highly efficient manufacturing processes in different industries. Durr supplies not only the automotive industry but also other sectors such as the mechanical engineering, chemical and pharmaceutical industries, and the woodworking industry.
The Durr Group operates in the market with five divisions:
- Paint and Final Assembly Systems: Paint shops and final assembly systems for the automotive industry
- Application Technology: Robot technology for the automated application of paint, sealants and adhesives
- Clean Technology Systems: Exhaust-air purification systems and energy efficiency technology
- Measuring and Process Systems: Balancing as well as assembly, testing and filling technology
- Woodworking Machinery and Systems: Machinery and equipment for the woodworking the industry
Location: DePere, WI
This position provides mechanical engineering support on projects executed by Durr CTS Americas. This includes pollution control equipment, dryers, and coating lines. The primary focus of this position is on structural analysis and mechanical design. Opportunities to function as a Project Manager will also be available.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Complete structural analysis and design of components such as ductwork, equipment housings, and structural steel framing. Includes cost optimizing equipment designs in terms of shell thickness and stiffening.
- Apply best practices in terms of machine design in directing designer resources.
- Select materials of construction for equipment based on functional requirements.
- Drive product improvement and innovation to achieve best in class designs.
- Perform equipment sizing calculations and develop specifications for purchased components.
- Perform heat transfer analyses as needed for equipment design. Includes sizing of heat recovery equipment, determining insulation requirements, and design of industrial dryers.
- Participate in work at customer sites to resolve technical issues or collect data on equipment performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in completing structural analyses for industrial equipment.
- Experience using Finite Element Analysis in completing structural designs.
- Strong background in heat transfer and fluid dynamics preferred.
- Experience in performing or reviewing Computation Fluid Dynamic (CFD) models preferred.
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and be able to pass a drug test at any time during employment.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee handbook
No direct supervisory duties.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary based on need. May be required to work holidays or weekends. Overtime may be required.
This position requires limited travel, around 10%. Travel can be both overnight and during the business day, and can be both local and international.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Competitive salary negotiable based on qualifications. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance along with Health Savings Accounts, 401k, Vacation, and Holiday Pay. We also offer WORK-LIFE BALANCE! We have a casual work environment with hard working and knowledgeable teams.
Durr Systems, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Note to all Staffing Agencies: Durr has a team of dedicated Human Resources professionals who are responsible for all hiring needs. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors on an as needed basis. We do not accept resumes from agencies that are not on our preferred vendor list and have not signed our Recruiting and Permanent Placement Contract. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and Durr will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.