- 31-Aug-2020 to Until Filled (EST)
- CTS - Mechanical Engineering
- Stoughton, WI, USA
- Full Time
Working closely with Engineering and Designer II, the Designer I completes a variety of complex design assignments using initiative and independent judgement. The Designer I provides direct engineering input for the development of original designs or adaptions. Investigates and procures all data required to develop a design and confers with engineering to resolve detail not completely defined. Prepares accurate drawings and designs using 3D CAD software.
- Uses 3D CAD to develop, model and design new products or modify/adapt existing products or systems.
- Understand and operate SAP and the Engineering Control Center data management software along with the interface to CAD, as it pertains to controlling and the managing of engineering designs and documents.
- Proficiently and accurately completes detailed part views and isometric projections and creates bill of materials.
- Processes engineering work requests (EWR), order change requests (OCR), and prepares and reviews engineering drawings and supporting documentation to verify adherence to standard practices.
- Intermediate cross-functional knowledge of various product lines and designs.
- Knowledge of engineering dept. processes, internal tools, specifications and calculations, drawing version and revision control.
- Meets departmental metric targets for quality and on-time delivery.
- Can work independently on the development of new designs and engages engineering and plant staff appropriately on design and drawing detail.
- Collaborates with engineering and plant staff on engineering proposals and drawings, bill of materials, construction and assembly.
- Strong contributor to problem solving activities can implement alternative designs or adaptations.
- Performs additional design related functions as assigned by supervisor.
Education / Experience:
- Associates degree in Mechanical Drafting or 5 year experience working in a similar position
- Proficient with 3-D CAD systems
- Able to train and work in a team environment
- Experience with sheet metal, steel fabrication, welding and manufacturing process
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including proficient technical writing skills
- A team oriented, self-starting individual capable of working with little supervision
- Excellent problem solving skills and root cause analysis tools
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a commitment to quality
- Able to train and work in a team environment, actively encourages and engages others and seeks inputs and ideas