Technical Writer- REMOTE
Dayton T. Brown, Inc. (DTB) has been synonymous with the pursuit of excellence and customer service for over 70 years. Our Technical Services Division provides technical documentation, communication, and logistics/maintenance planning services for some of the biggest names in the industry.
Join our amazing team of talented, dedicated professionals at DTB.
Under general direction, this position is responsible for leading a task for documenting and developing detailed operation, maintenance and/or troubleshooting procedures, checklists, technical specifications, alert bulletins, training materials and other procedures and reports. The candidate shall have some knowledge of project writing specifications (ATA, S1000D, MIL-STD-40051, MIL-STD-3001, MIL-STD-38784, MIL-PRF-83495, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Have knowledge of interactive electronic technical manuals (IETM) development
- General knowledge of S1000D business rules; and how project specific technical data is developed in accordance with (IAW) a project book plan or technical data development plan.
- Understanding of technical data development by leveraging source data from logistics management information (LMI) maintenance task analysis (MTA), 3D models, engineering documentation and drawings.
- Understand development of operational procedures and corrective maintenance and diagnostics (troubleshooting) procedures for Organizational (O-Level), Intermediate (I-Level) and Depot (D-Level) maintenance as required by the project.
- Ensure clear, concise and accurate technical documentation is authored, and technical authoring is adhering to the processes required by the project.
- When required, collaborate effectively with Subject Matter Experts such as engineers, technicians, and publications personnel.
- Incorporate customer comments correctly.
- Ensure assignments are completed in a timely manner to facilitate on-time delivery of technical data to our customers.
- Contribute to continuous improvement objectives to achieve quality goals.
In this role you will also need to be flexible and work closely, yet remotely, with the DTB team of technical writers, illustrators, production and managers. You will be tasked to ensure the team is following DTB processes and company work instructions; to consistently produce accurate, high quality documents while working in a fast paced environment; and be able to multi-task, and work independently.
The ideal Candidate will need:
- 2-4yr. College Degree or 5+ yrs. equivalent work experience in Aviation/Aerospace and/or Defense
- Able to think critically and compare source data files (engineering data, blueprints, Excel files, PDFs, PowerPoints, etc.) to produce technical data used in technical publications
- Able to troubleshoot and to think outside the box
- In-depth knowledge of XML or SGML, and IETMs/IETPs
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, FrameMaker, Arbortext Editor, and/or Oxygen, and working knowledge of Mil Specifications
- Technical understanding of aircraft/engines to interpret procedures/graphics, a plus
- General knowledge of working in S1000D CSDBs or DITA CMS
- Disciplined to work remotely, with the ability to multitask and switch priorities based on customer requirements
- Able to travel on occasion
- US Citizenship is required
As an employee of Dayton T Brown, you can expect a fun working environment that provide security and opportunity to grow within the company and much more such as:
- Tuition reimbursement
- A stable, successful organization
- Innovative work environment
- Advancement potential
- Private medical, vision and dental insurance
- Profit sharing, 401K
- Work/Life balance and family values
As a federal contractor, Dayton T. Brown, Inc. is subject to Executive Order 14042 which requires Company employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accordingly, as a condition of employment, individuals offered employment at this Company must be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination or exemption documentation must be submitted prior to the commencement of employment.
Dayton T. Brown, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.