- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- 18.00-21.00 per hour
- Full Time
Vacation, Health, Dental, Vision
Position Summary: This position is responsible for overseeing all activities of dispatch and scheduling for our Phoenix / Tucson / Salt Lake / Jackson Offices. Goal is to ensure all scheduled and unscheduled runs are managed effectively and on time to our service standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform all the duties of dispatch.
- Develop and maintain the policies, procedures and standards of operation to provide the company's services.
- Develop and maintain lines and mechanisms for communication with other key employees involved in the successful completion of the Dispatchers' duties including the Lead Chauffeur, Reservations Manager, and Fleet Manager.
- Maintain skill and ability to work in a professional and efficient manner including:
- Managing runs.
- Locating and assigning Chauffeurs to cover unscheduled runs.
- Handling simultaneous radio traffic and multiple phone lines.
- Assisting Chauffeurs to learn effective radio communication.
- Helping Chauffeurs solve problems.
- Using other limousine companies when needed.
- Documenting problems.
- Learning common destinations, routes and traffic patterns.
- Handling completed run sheets and receipts.
- Providing backup to Reservations.
- Scheduling of chauffeurs for upcoming trips, scheduling vehicles, reviewing vehicle and chauffeur needs and working with teams to ensure ample coverage.
- Review completed run sheets and process any needing billing.
- Respond and handle, in a timely and flexible manner, the day-to-day problems, which may arise regarding performance and scheduling needs.
- Participate, as needed, as an integral part of the company's management team to facilitate company growth and success.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Achievement Focus - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Managing Customer Focus - Develops new approaches to meeting customer needs. Establishes customer service standards. Monitors customer satisfaction. Promotes customer focus. Provides training in customer service delivery.
- Managing People - Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth. Includes subordinates in planning. Makes self available to subordinates. Provides direction and gains compliance. Provides regular performance feedback. Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities.
- Planning and Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Training and motivating subordinates to efficiently handle the challenges involved in managing multiple radio and phone communications combined with effective problem solving.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). College degree preferred.
Understanding the importance of clear, direct, precise and timely communication in carrying out Dispatch functions. Familiarity with the geographic area served by the company.
Experience: logistics, operations, transportation, event experience preferred.
Chauffeured transportation experience a plus!
Ability to train, supervise and motivate employees to perform their duties in an exemplary manner. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate the role that Dispatchers play in the overall operation and success of the company.
Ability to calmly apply common sense understanding to problem solving.
Ability to perform computer data entry with minimal errors and teach others to do the same. Ability to read and comprehend directions. Ability to complete pertinent forms.
Ability to perform the mathematical functions involved in filling out billing forms and the ability to teach others to do the same.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time and perform writing tasks and computer data entry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.