- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- 65000-65000 per year
- Full Time
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays
Position Summary: This position is responsible for overseeing all activities of the Operations of our Phoenix, AZ operations and support of our overall operation as well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and maintain the policies, procedures, and standards of operation to provide the company's services.
- Directing activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking of transportation vehicles.
- Planning, organizing, and managing subordinate staff members to ensure work is completed and consistent with the company's standards.
- Directing investigations to verify and resolve customer complaints.
- Collaborating with staff members to formulate and implement transportation-related procedures as well as company revenue goals and customer service objectives.
- Arranging repairs and routine maintenance of transportation vehicles.
- Complying with transportation-related policies, as well as safety rules and government regulations.
- Promoting safe work activities by conducting safety audits, and attending company safety meetings.
- Respond and handle, in a timely and flexible manner, the day-to-day problems, which may arise regarding performance and scheduling needs.
- Participate, as needed, as an integral part of the company's management team to facilitate company growth and success.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Achievement Focus - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Managing Customer Focus - Develops new approaches to meeting customer needs. Establishes customer service standards. Monitors customer satisfaction. Promotes customer focus. Provides training in customer service delivery.
- Managing People - Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth. Includes subordinates in planning. Makes self available to subordinates. Provides direction and gains compliance. Provides regular performance feedback. Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities.
- Planning and Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Training and motivating subordinates to efficiently handle the challenges involved in managing multiple radio and phone communications combined with effective problem solving.
Bachelor's degree in logistics, business management, engineering, or related field.
Understanding the importance of clear, direct, precise and timely communication in carrying out Dispatch functions. Familiarity with the geographic area served by the company.
Logistics, Operations, Transportation, Event experience preferred.
Chauffeured Transportation experience a plus!
CDL Class B License with Passenger Endorsement and Air Breaks or Ability to obtain said License.
Ability to train, supervise and motivate employees to perform their duties in an exemplary manner. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate the role that Dispatchers play in the overall operation and success of the company.
Ability to calmly apply common sense understanding to problem solving.
Ability to perform computer data entry with minimal errors and teach others to do the same. Ability to read and comprehend directions. Ability to complete pertinent forms.
Ability to perform the mathematical functions involved in filling out billing forms and the ability to teach others to do the same.
Proven track record of successfully Managing a Team of 10 or more employees.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time and perform writing tasks and computer data entry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.