- SF, CA, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance; retirement plan
Executive Assistant / Operations Manager
Mission: Drew knows and believes in teenagers. We engage each student in a process of intellectual discovery to develop an individual voice, the confidence to express it, and the empathy to understand its impact.
Founded in 1908, Drew is an innovative, progressive, independent high school located in the heart of San Francisco. Drew's experienced, dedicated, and passionate faculty and dynamic student body form the core of Drew's supportive and engaging community. Drew aims to foster and develop each student's individual voice, encouraging each student to engage in a process of intellectual discovery, personal growth, and empathic learning. Drew's curriculum focuses on experiential learning, global awareness, local community involvement, citizenship, and support of individual talents and strengths.
Drew seeks an Executive Assistant/Operations Manager who will be responsible for the oversight of Drew's front office and selected campus operations, in addition to assisting the Head of School. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to work in a fast-paced/independent high school setting and interact with a broad set of constituents.
This role will support the Head of School, providing administrative support organizing, scheduling, and coordinating. As the first line of communication between the Head of School and the wider community, this position will provide confidential, consistent, and professional support.
This role will also manage the high-traffic front office/reception desk and coordinate staff coverage on campus during non-class time hours. As part of the front desk staff, this position will both manage one direct report at the front desk/reception and provide intermittent coverage on a daily basis.
Candidates should possess excellent organizational, writing, and oral communication skills and be a strong people manager. Candidates need to be able to manage campus schedules, provide effective supervision, manage projects and multiple constituencies, and follow through on agenda items. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Organize and review daily priorities and long-term projects for the Head of School, including appointments and calendar activities.
- Manage expenses for the Head of School's budget.
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Trustees organize meetings, ensure reports are submitted, attend Board and administrative team meetings, record meeting minutes, and track agenda items.
- Provide administrative support for other administrative functions.
- Communicate and collaborate extensively with the administrative leadership team, the board, staff and faculty, parent leaders, partners, consultants, and the public.
- Coordinate the planning and maintenance of the whole school academic calendar.
- Oversee the school's overall front office function that includes selected transportation, supply, and vendor management responsibilities;
- Manage the school's campus/facilities calendar.
- Manage the front office/reception desk to ensure coverage throughout the day.
- Coordinate day-to-day campus coverage by staff during after-school hours.
- Plan and manage campus-wide events, including events such as graduation, advancement, and admissions events.
- Provide additional day-to-day and project management for operations and the business office.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, high level of professional discretion and confidentiality.
- Supervisory experience.
- Exceptionally capable in both written and oral communication.
- Very organized with precise attention to detail.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and Google suite, and a proven ability to learn and use relevant and new technology quickly.
- Prior experience in a school setting considered a plus.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Drew offers competitive compensation, including a generous benefits package that contains medical, dental, and vision insurance in addition to other coverages. Drew's benefits package also includes a retirement plan with matching for those eligible.
Drew School is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to creating an identity-safe school, where all members of the community find opportunities for belonging and growth. The Drew School welcomes to its community those of any race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or national and ethnic origin. Drew actively seeks to create a more diverse school community and as such, we encourage people of color, members of the LGBTIQ community, and marginalized communities to apply.