- Louisville, KY, USA
- 80000-100000 per year
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), PTO
DPL is currently seeking an experienced organizational leader and exceptional manager to serve as Director of Operations and Application Services. This leader plays a key role in helping shape and deliver on the strategic goals of the Application Processing team. The leader will provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure DPL has the proper operational practices, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively steer the applications team towards operating efficiency and continuous improvement. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive, and energetic style, guided by DPL's goals and objectives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management of DPLs key initiatives of the Applications Processing and Service Teams
- Lead DPL's efforts to develop and implement plans for the systems, processes, and personnel designed to achieve DPL's objectives and deliver excellent client services
- Analyze internal processes, identify areas for improvement, and drive adoption of consistent processes and systems to ensure a positive membership experience as it pertains to purchasing and services DPL related insurance products
- Establish and maintain a culture of high performance, collaboration, accountability, innovation, and commitment to delivering measurable impacts.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of DPL
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with peers and direct reports, key partners, and stakeholders
- Engage stakeholders and internal partners associated with Application Processing & Service with issue resolution and mitigation plans
- Manage the application flow of our carrier partners (multiple) to assure our member advisors, there clients, and our internally licensed agents can quickly and efficiently establish new policies with our carrier partners. The includes annuity, life, and related retirement products with distribution across the nation.
- Work closely with our compliance team to assure all application processes are compliant with federal and state regulations.
- Manage and maintain key carrier and broker-dealer relationships to trouble shoot any unusual or unforeseen issues arising from the application and services process.
- Manage an active service desk tasked with issue resolution for our members.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains professional-level staff
- Oversees the schedules and responsibilities of staff in the department
- Provide training, performance, evaluation and coaching of team
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and tactically execute
- Strong leadership skills with experience in building and motivating an hourly workforce; capacity to enforce accountability, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team to put people in a position to succeed
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within a fast-moving environment while also driving toward clarity and solutions
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and creativity in setting priorities and anticipating needs
- Ability to diagnose and solve business problems expeditiously and proactively
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including the ability to communicate in an ethical and sensitive manner, clearly express goals and objectives, and establish mechanisms to encourage the constant exchange of ideas and information up, down, and across the organization
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Hexure's Firelight platform experience preferred (or related insurance application processing technology;
- Financial industry experience preferred;
- At least 5 years of experience in a business operations leadership role in an environment with complex people and client systems, with a preference for experience in financial services
- Technologically savvy, including high proficiency in MS Office Suite, with a demonstrated ability to use business software applications to improve efficiency and synthesize data and information to provide strategic and operational insights
This position description neither constitutes a contract of employment nor is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. Company may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
DPL, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome employees and prospective employees without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or veteran status.