Work for one of the country's hottest startups! DPL Financial Partners is a nationally recognized, award-winning company in the high-growth FinTech space. DPL Financial Partners is the first and leading turnkey insurance platform for registered investment advisors (RIAs). With a powerful mission to help people achieve lifelong financial security, we are upending the multi-trillion-dollar insurance industry by modernizing insurance and annuities. We've grown fast and are looking for smart, dynamic candidates to join our team. If you're a hard-worker looking for opportunity, growth, mentoring and a high-energy, team-oriented experience, we may be just right for each other. Come grow your career with us!
We are seeking a data geek to help us with ETL, data mart/lake, data integrity and cleansing to support our business intelligence and data analytic development. You will be responsible for data integrity, structure and integration from multiple point solutions to an integrated model and ad hoc data extraction to support data science and advanced analytic inquiries. You will handle all aspects of profiling, cleansing, scripting and execution through the Talend platform. Our primary source systems (data sets) include Salesforce, DPL Everywhere (our in house platform), financial transactional data and marketing data including Google Analytics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assure the integrity of and quality of operational and analysis data repositories
- Build and maintain routines assuring data quality and proper data integration and delivery with an emphasis on the Talend platform for execution
- Work hand-in-hand with the Director of BI and our analytics personnel to assure data is delivered in an accurate and timely manner including feedback on target schemas and potential data intelligence platform extensions
- Assure daily delivery of key report outcomes and data integration/extraction jobs
- Occasionally assist in report generation (Tableau familiarity a plus)
Depending on the candidate, the role may evolve into BI team management as the organization grows.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Demonstrated past performance developing business intelligence solutions
- Strong analytic, inferencing, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with ability to work both independently and within a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated ability to use the Talend platform for data integration and delivery preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain data infrastructure and architecture
- SQL mastery (prior experience with PostGreSQL, MySQL, MS-SQL flavors preferably)
- Experience with integrating external and internal datasets from different source systems (including marketing related data from Google Analytics, LinkedIn, Facebook, other ad related platforms and custom data sources)
- Experience on configuring solutions to clean, transform & combine data
- Experience with data quality and integrity solutions
- Knowledge of modern BI architectures and platform solutions include real time, streaming analytics and data lakes
- 2 years of business intelligence solution development
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
Education and/or Experience
- S. in Business Management, IT, Computer Science or equivalent related job experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years of development experience
- Experience in Insurance and/or Financial Products & Services a plus
- Experience with Pardot (in the Salesforce family) a plus
Preferred Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Platform certifications welcome
You will work in concert with our business intelligence director to develop and implement the engineering response to operational and strategic business intelligence challenges. This includes day to day data delivery and execution. You will also be the responsible for the development of our data movement and integration processes. You will make certain that data delivery and quality exceeds the expectation of our data analysts and source data for reporting and analytics is flawless.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit and spend extended periods of time in front of digital screens.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Remote work is available for this position. Occasional, up to one week per quarter, travel to the home office may be required.