- Full Time
Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, Paid Training
Help us transform insurance product distribution by driving new tools to support insurance selection and fulfillment through DPL. DPL Financial Partners is a leader in developing and distributing high-performing, transformative insurance products that are revolutionizing the financial management sector. We need a dynamic product manager, preferably with a background in financial planning or insurance technologies, to take our groundbreaking product discovery and distribution technology to the next level. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working to build on our product roadmap and implement daily product management details spanning customer discovery, product definition, and design. This role will interact with marketing, sales, operations, and legal to support the CEO, CTO, and Director of Engineering Services in building product roadmaps, managing release cycles, and defining innovative technical solutions within the marketplace. Be bold and be ready to immediately impact the key technologies that will drive DPL Financial Partners forward as a technical and market performance leader for our carrier partners and our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead product definition that supports our product strategy and supplements in-house direction with business, competitive, and customer analysis
- Represent the voice of the customer in product development
- Develop and implement robust analytics and customer feedback plans to drive continuous improvement and assure product execution is leading to business growth
- Balance investment and technical development priorities to optimize product development return and productivity
- Additional duties may be included that are not listed
You will report to the CTO and interact daily with our business development, marketing, operations, and product engineering teams. You will support strategic product definition and develop appropriate feature groups, release schedules, and technical projects with support from the CTO, Director of Engineering, and our business team leads. You will need a deep knowledge of insurance products and how they flow across financial services and planning platforms so we can develop strong product integration practices and build unique, best-in-class insurance discovery solutions for the marketplace. You will represent DPL product plans and current capabilities to customers and partners. You will work hand-in-hand with project management to support our integration with our technical and insurance product partners and ensure integration and customer on-boarding processes are fully available within our product platforms for aggressive rollout and execution.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Exceptional work ethic, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Comfortable with analytics-based decision making
- Strong facilitation, negotiation, and influence skills
- Self-starter with a high sense of urgency for growing the business
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Proven ability to integrate multiple business functions into a cohesive product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Dedication to transparent communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Support best practices and processes for product management, including customer feedback
- Communicate and influence executive management through industry analysis and product performance metrics
- Communicate equally effectively with business leaders and technical architects to assure product delivery is clearly defined and understood
- Execute project plans
- Implement agile project management processes to achieve outcomes
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Business Management, IT, Computer Science, or equivalent related job experience
- Minimum 3 years of product management, business analysis, or project management experience
- Track record of success in developing end-to-end product solutions within the financial services sector encouraged
- Experience with SaaS solutions, in particular products designed to be consumed by API into partner solutions
- Proven ability to articulate strategy into product feature set development
- Experience in the insurance sector of financial services preferred
Proficient with Microsoft Office products
Initially none. Will help establish the need for additional product management personnel and lead the hiring and development of key staff in product management.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those employees encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.