- Full time, permanent
- The Marylebone Hotel
Meals on duty, discounted accommodation, discounts when dining at the hotels, personal career development
108 Reception and Reservation Manager
The Marylebone, London
Located just minutes from Oxford Street and in the heart of Marylebone Village, The Marylebone hotel provides easy access to the best that London has to offer. The excitement and buzz of Marylebone Lane, Oxford Street and Park Lane, the world-famous stores of Bond Street and Mayfair and the green spaces of Regents Park and Hyde Park are all just a short walk away.
The Doyle Collection
The Doyle Collection is a carefully curated collection of eight Irish family-owned luxury and urban hotels located centrally in London, Dublin, Washington DC, Cork and Bristol. What binds our hotels together is the Doyle service ethos - a real warmth and thoughtfulness.
We are delighted that the Doyle Collection has been listed as one of the Best Large Workplaces by Great Place to Work for four years running; 2017, 2018, 2019 and again in 2020.
As our Restaurant Reception and Reservation Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the welcome all guests receive when they visit the 108 Bar, Restaurant and Pantry is exceptional.
Working alongside the Restaurant Manager and Bar Manager, you will assume responsibility for maximising all bookings for 108 Brasserie, either by phone, email or walk-ins. Managing a team of passionate hosts, you will oversee the training and development opportunities for your team, as well as on a daily basis, liaising with all hotel departments about key restaurant bookings.
The ideal candidate will have experience working as either a Restaurant Reception and Reservation Manager, Maitre D or Senior Host, comfortable working in a fast paced, brasserie style restaurant.
What we are looking for
- Previous experience in a similar role in hospitality or a restaurant environment
- Strong knowledge of OpenTable system
- An exceptional telephone manner as well as being a natural communicator
- Excellent written skills and a good command in English
- Ensure accurate recording of guests data
- Be highly professional and articulate at all times
- Have an excellent understanding of the menus and reservations packages we offer
- Have superb time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Work with the Restaurant team to ensure the smooth running of the service
- Work closely with the Reservations team to ensure the bookings are clear and precise
The benefits of working with The Marylebone
- 28 days of holiday including public holidays, increasing with length of service
- Company pension scheme
- In-house training team dedicated to your personal development and career progression
- Large range of Learning and Development across all levels and departments
- Free Life cover policy for you from your first day of employment
- Free meals on duty as well as breakfast to get to you started
- Staff summer parties, Christmas parties and regular team get together's
- Fun and interactive reward & recognition incentives
- A great working environment with a leading London reputation for al fresco dining
- Contribution PCR testing
- Refer a Friend Bonus Scheme
Inclusion and diversity are key to us. At The Doyle Collection, where everyone is valued, and everyone is treated with fairness and respect. All our team members have the opportunity to thrive with an equal opportunities employer.