- Lincoln, NE, USA
- Full Time
Doane University is a mission-driven institution offering work/life balance and a competitive benefits package. Doane is an inspired and unique community committed to the liberal arts. We empower and encourage students, faculty, and staff to seize opportunities, take healthy well-calculated risks, and achieve excellence as they define it.
Doane University invites applicants for a full-time faculty position at the Lincoln campus as an Assistant Professor of Practice of Counseling and Clinical Placement Director in our practitioner-focused Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) track graduate program. The Master of Arts in Counseling (MAC) program is CACREP accredited and has a 25-year history in the Lincoln community. The successful candidate must have a masters degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, with preference given to candidates who have earned a doctoral degree in Counselor Education and Supervision, from a CACREP-accredited program. The anticipated start date for the position is January 2023.
Founded in 1872, Doane University is the oldest private university in Nebraska. Doane serves with a focus on smaller class sizes tailored for the adult learner that allows faculty to get to know each student, allowing for greater interaction, integration, and application of learning.
Doane's Master of Arts in Counseling program is housed within the College of Education and is located on our campus in Lincoln, Nebraska. Lincoln has a population of 280,000 which allows students to have an opportunity to work with clients from many nationalities and cultural backgrounds. Lincoln has been voted as the No. 1 America's Best Cities for New Jobs by Forbes, the No. 1 Most Content City by 24/7 Wallstreet, placed in The Top 10 Best Cities for Women in the Workforce by nerdwallet.com, and recently named the No. 7 Happiest State in 2018 by Business Insider.
Doane University actively works to create and sustain a welcoming learning community for all members to fulfill their potential, feel valued, and make meaningful contributions to the university. Doane University is an equal opportunity employer and seeks candidates who reflect the diversity of our society. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Doane is unable to sponsor applicants for work visas.
The Assistant Professor of Practice position is a 12-month, non-tenure track position with a 30-credit hour annual workload. 30 credit hours includes responsibilities of the Clinical Placement Director, teaching, and program service.
- Teach up to 21 credit hours of CMHC curriculum courses per calendar year
- Serve as Clinical Placement Director for the MAC program
- Provide group faculty supervision for Practicum/Internship students weekly
- Engage in faculty scholarly activity, including service and advocacy efforts
- Participate in the admissions process and work cooperatively with the Office of Admissions to ensure a high-quality and diverse student body
- Perform other university and departmental duties as expected of all faculty, including serving on committees, attending faculty meetings, and engaging in community service
- Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Candidate must be fully licensed (LMHP or LIMHP) in the state of Nebraska at the time of start
- Doctorate in Counselor Education and Supervision from a CACREP-accredited program to serve as a Core Faculty (ABD will be considered)
- Evidence of successful experience in providing individual and/or triadic clinical supervision
- Evidence of successful teaching experience
- Experience with current CMHC CACREP accreditation standards and expectations
Interested applicants should apply online and include:
- Letter of Application
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Supervision Philosophy
- Graduate Transcripts (unofficial)
- Contact information for three (3) references
Priority review of applications will be provided to those submitted by October 7, 2022. Review of applications will continue until the position has been filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered for review.
For further inquiries on the position please email Dr. Arden Szepe, MAC Search Committee Chair, email@example.com