- Crete, NE, USA
- Full Time
- Administration & Staff
Doane University is a mission-driven institution offering work/life balance and a competitive benefits package. Doane is an inspired and unique community committed to the liberal arts. We empower and encourage students, faculty, and staff to seize opportunities, take healthy well-calculated risks, and achieve excellence as they define it.
Are you enthusiastic about building and maintaining a strong campus culture and committed to fostering a positive student experience? Do your teammates describe you as positive, collaborative, and laser focused on desired outcomes? If so, Doane University wants you to apply for the position of Director of Residential Life and Education at its nationally recognized undergraduate campus in Crete, Nebraska.
As the Director of Residential Life and Education you will serve as a key staff member within the Student Experience team. You will be responsible for leadership and management of operations, residential education curriculum, and promotion of a comprehensive residential living program with a strategic vision that focuses on student development and actively contributes to a culture of inclusion, belonging, and engagement among all students. In this position your success will depend upon establishing and maintaining positive relationships and lines of communication with faculty, staff, and students to ensure high quality, engaging opportunities that facilitate student success.
Qualifications/Education/Skills/Abilities Required for Position:
- Master's degree in college student personnel, higher education administration, education, or a related field
- Minimum of four years of related professional experience in residence life or residential community building.
- Demonstrated experience in student development, housing administration, residential education, leadership development and restorative conduct processes.
- Proven success in community and leadership development.
- Management of multiple student development related projects and responsibilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people.
- A demonstrated commitment to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Competent in fulfilling administrative duties and managing systems.
- Background in working with small teams to accomplish tasks and meet stated goals and objectives.
- A propensity for innovation and creative problem solving.
- An understanding and appreciation for the liberal arts and residential universities.
- Experience supervising professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to student growth and development.
- Specific work with developing and implementing a residential curriculum program a plus
- Strong administrative, communication interpersonal, and intercultural skills
- Knowledge of student development theory and best practices in student affairs
- Knowledge of Residential Curriculum models, ACUHO-I Standards, CAS Standards, NASPA Learning Reconsidered
- Five to seven years' experience in higher education.
- Experience working in a residential college or university.
- Current membership and/or active involvement in related professional organizations.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid driver's license
You will enjoy balance between life and work:
- At Doane, you'll find that we're sensitive to your life outside of work, and we want our employees to enjoy their time at Doane as much as they enjoy their time away.
- Our time-off plans offer staff a generous paid vacation leave, sick leave and eight paid holidays each year.
- Offices close additional days around the winter holidays each year at no vacation expense to our employees.
We offer top-notch benefits:
- Health, dental , and vision insurance; 403b retirement plan with employer matching contributions
- Free admission to Doane University events
- Discounts through Apple, Verizon Wireless and more!
- We encourage our employees to take advantage of a Doane education with tuition benefits for undergraduate and graduate programs. Employees' dependents can receive tuition benefits in our undergraduate programs too.
- A mission-driven institution. With a singular direction and focus, Doane handles its business strategically. You'll see the difference of working for a purpose-driven organization that knows where it's going-and where it will take your career
Doane's Mission Statement:
Doane University creates distinctive educational experiences, rooted in the liberal arts, to prepare our students for careers and lives grounded in inquiry, ethics, and a commitment to lead and serve in the global community.
Our Values: Inclusion, Integrity, Innovation and Transformation.
Doane University actively works to create and sustain a welcoming learning community for all members to fulfill their potential, belong, feel valued, and make meaningful contributions to the university. Doane University is an equal opportunity employer and seeks candidates who reflect the diversity of our society.