- Crete, NE, USA
- Minimum $15.00
- Full Time
$1000 Signing Bonus
Doane University, located on 300 beautiful acres in Crete, Nebraska, is looking for qualified applicants to join our team as a full-time Grounds and Landscape Associate. This position involves working with duties related to grounds keeping and landscape maintenance. We are looking for individuals who are experienced with lawn and grounds care, maintenance of lawn equipment and vehicles as well as snow removal. This position that may require work assignments at times other than regular scheduled shifts.
As a full-time member of our team you will be eligible for paid time off, health and dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, flexible health care and dependent care spending accounts, participation in Doane University's 403(b) retirement plan, and a variety of other work-life benefits and discounts including an employee tuition waiver.
We offer a starting wage of $15.00 per hour and a $1,000 signing bonus!
Signing bonus details:
- $250 on your first check
- $750 after six months of employment
Education/Training Required for Position:
- High school diploma or equivalent supplemented by three or more years of work experience in grounds, maintenance and repair in one or more of the craft disciplines.
Licenses and Certifications Required for Position:
- Valid Nebraska Drivers License and driving record acceptable to the University's automobile insurance provider
Qualifications/Skills/Abilities Required for Position:
- Knowledge of methods, practices, tools and all other equipment and materials utilized in general grounds and landscape maintenance.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and appropriate precautionary methods involved in grounds and landscape maintenance.
- Skill in the use of tools and equipment utilized in grounds and landscape maintenance safely.
- Ability to perform general grounds and landscape maintenance activities safely.
- Ability to maintain, repair lawn care and snow removal equipment and all other tools as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with the general public and a diverse staff and student population.
- Successful applicants must pass a criminal history background check and a pre-employment physical assessment at time of hire.
Mission Statement: Doane University creates distinctive educational experiences, rooted in the liberal arts, to prepare our students for careers and lives grounded in inquiry, ethics, and a commitment to lead and serve in the global community.
The values are our guiding principles, they are: Inclusion, Integrity, Innovation and Transformation. Doane University actively works to create and sustain a welcoming learning community for all members to fulfill their potential, belong, feel valued, and make meaningful contributions to the university. Doane University is an equal opportunity employer and seeks candidates who reflect the diversity of our society.