- Crete, NE, USA
- Full Time
- Administration & Staff
Doane University is a mission-driven institution offering work/life balance and a competitive benefits package. Doane is an inspired and unique community committed to the liberal arts. We empower and encourage students, faculty, and staff to seize opportunities, take healthy well-calculated risks, and achieve excellence as they define it.
Doane University seeks a dependable individual with excellent cleaning skills, safety awareness, and a high level of attention to detail to join our custodial team on the Crete campus. This position involves routine custodial work in cleaning and performing related tasks in and around campus buildings, offices and facilities. The Custodian also assists with events set-ups and snow removal and may occasionally work hours outside of their normally scheduled shift.
Qualifications/Skills/Abilities Required for Position:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning methods, procedures, products and materials, and excellent cleaning skills.
- Knowledge of the use and care of cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to learn repetitive tasks quickly and safely.
- Ability to operate a vacuum and other mechanical or power cleaners including other common custodial equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with the general public and a diverse staff and student population.
- Ability to climb a 6 foot to a 12 foot ladders and the ability to walk up and down stairs.
Licenses and Certifications Required for Position:
- Valid Nebraska Driver's License and driving record acceptable to the college's automobile insurance provider.
- Must be able to pass a criminal history background check and a physical assessment at time of hire.
- Six months to one year of experience in custodial work.
Mission Statement: Doane University creates distinctive educational experiences, rooted in the liberal arts, to prepare our students for careers and lives grounded in inquiry, ethics, and a commitment to lead and serve in the global community.
Our Values: Inclusion, Integrity, Innovation and Transformation. Doane University actively works to create and sustain a welcoming learning community for all members to fulfill their potential, belong, feel valued, and make meaningful contributions to the university. Doane University is an equal opportunity employer and seeks candidates who reflect the diversity of our society.