- Crete, NE, USA
- Full Time
- Administration & Staff
Doane University is a mission-driven institution offering work/life balance and a competitive benefits package. Doane is an inspired and unique community committed to the liberal arts. We empower and encourage students, faculty, and staff to seize opportunities, take healthy well-calculated risks, and achieve excellence as they define it.
Doane University, a nationally recognized liberal arts and sciences university in Crete, Nebraska, invites applications for the position of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer and Title IX Coordinator. The successful candidate will serve as a collaborative, visionary, accessible, and influential strategic DEI leader, working with the Doane community students, faculty, staff, alumni, trustees, and university partners to expand organizational capacity to develop, implement, and support evidence-based strategies that drive diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, retention, and engagement. The DEI Officer and Title IX Coordinator also oversees the investigation and resolution of matters arising under Title IX and the university's policies against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Reporting to the Vice President, Division of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion with a dotted line to the Director of Human Resources, the DEI Officer and Title IX Coordinator will be a DEI subject matter expert who will serve a key role in Doane University's ongoing establishment, implementation, and measurement of comprehensive DEI initiatives and outcomes across university units and a leader in university compliance with Title IX and state and federal policies addressing discriminatory practices.
- Master's degree and/or other advanced degree strongly preferred and a minimum of 3-5 years working in a diversity, equity and inclusion role
- Belief in Doane University's mission and Division of DEI values: authenticity, compassion, courage, curiosity, impact, integrity, justice, and relationships
- Experience in Title IX compliance, including formal Title IX responsibilities
- Professional experience conducting investigations
- Experience working with people during high conflict situations
- Knowledge of state and federal policies focused on addressing discriminatory practices, including Title VI and Title VII and other applicable laws and regulations
- Knowledge of a broad range of emerging diversity, equity, and inclusion theories, issues, models, identity and background dimensions, and practices
- Proven ability to lead diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts in complex organizations
- Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating strategic plans and curricula
- Deep sense of commitment to our students, faculty, and staff and a genuine excitement in supporting stakeholders in achieving their goals in a team-based environment
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Strong competencies in prioritization and organization, and measuring progress among various initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication
- Ability to work with a multi-stakeholder community of students, faculty, staff, trustees, alumni, and community members
- Demonstrated ability to lead, collaborate, problem solve, and inspire individuals with differing interests and perspectives
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive situations and matters with diplomacy and sound judgement
- Ability to deliver culturally responsive presentations and trainings in an engaging manner
- Ability to celebrate progress and stay resilient during challenging situations
To Apply: Go to www.doane.edu/jobs
Mission Statement: Doane University creates distinctive educational experiences, rooted in the liberal arts, to prepare our students for careers and lives grounded in inquiry, ethics, and a commitment to lead and serve in the global community.
The values are our guiding principles, they are: Inclusion, Integrity, Innovation and Transformation. Doane University actively works to create and sustain a welcoming learning community for all members to fulfill their potential, belong, feel valued, and make meaningful contributions to the university. Doane University is an equal opportunity employer and seeks candidates who reflect the diversity of our society.