Doane University, a nationally recognized liberal arts and sciences university in Crete, NE, invites applications for the position of Graduate Assistant Tennis Coach. The GA Tennis Coach will work with the Head Coach to manage the sport and student athletes in the best interest of Doane University and in accordance with all the rules of the NAIA and the GPAC Conference. The successful candidate will provide effective leadership of the team and the program and have the ability to effectively recruit and retain student athletes. We are looking for someone with excellent knowledge of the sport and the ability to teach the sport to student athletes. This position is responsible for modeling the University mission through dedicated job performance, service excellence to constituencies, respectful collaboration, and active support of the University's mission in higher education.
Qualifications/Skills/Abilities Required for Position:
- Proven record of integrity and high principles
- Demonstrated skill in developing and motivating student athletes academically and athletically
Education/Training Required for Position:
- Bachelor's degree with playing experience at the college level
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Must be enrolled and maintain satisfactory progress in one of Doane University's graduate programs
Licenses and Certifications Required for Position:
- Valid Nebraska driver's license and driving record acceptable to the college's automobile insurance provider
Compensation & Benefits:
- Tuition waiver up to $5,250 per year
- Health and dental Insurance available
- Annual stipend
Mission Statement: Doane University creates distinctive educational experiences, rooted in the liberal arts, to prepare our students for careers and lives grounded in inquiry, ethics, and a commitment to lead and serve in the global community.
The values are our guiding principles, they are: Inclusion, Integrity, Innovation and Transformation. Doane University actively works to create and sustain a welcoming learning community for all members to fulfill their potential, belong, feel valued, and make meaningful contributions to the university. Doane University is an equal opportunity employer and seeks candidates who reflect the diversity of our society.