Position Summary: The Research Associate is responsible for providing technical support to senior scientists in the lab for collaborate projects with the goal of development and characterizing oncolytic viral therapeutics to treat cancer. This position is located in our San Diego, CA corporate offices.
- Performs a variety of molecular, cell biological and biochemical laboratory techniques including, but not limited to; tissue culture, molecular cloning, PCR, ELISA, and cell-based assays
- With supervision, executes molecular and cell-based assays for validation and characterization of candidate biological therapeutics
- Assists with virus production to provide high quality reagents for use by laboratory personnel and collaborators
- Assists with lab organization and maintenance including glass washing, autoclaving, and inventory control
- Sets up and operates standard lab equipment
- Prepares test specimen
- Records data into laboratory software application and provides basic analysis and interpretations
- Performs other duties and tasks as required
- Requires Bachelor's degree in biology, biochemistry, or a related field, or Associate's degree with biotechnology certification and at least 2 years college level course work in molecular biology and cell biology
- University level course work in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology and cell biology is required; genetics, immunology, virology and protein biochemistry, as plus
- Previous laboratory experience with basic molecular and cellular biology and virology techniques beyond university coursework, is desired
- Basic molecular and cellular biology techniques including, cloning, PCR, CRISPR, site-directed mutagenesis, SDS-PAGE, Western blot, and mammalian tissue, is desired
- Virus purification procedures including affinity, size exclusion and/or ion exchange chromatography, is a plus
- Previous work experience in a biotechnology company or contract research organization, is a plus
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to ask questions and follow instructions
- Comes up to speed rapidly on scientific principles
- Accurately records and processes data in a timely manner
- Works independently, as well as, in a team environment
- Effective problem solving and analytics skills; results oriented focus
- Highly organized
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Patience, decisiveness and a meticulous approach to tasks
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills; strong technical writing skillsFit with DNAtrix's culture
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, and occasionally lift up to 40 lbs.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed, and it is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
DNAtrix is an equal opportunity employer.