- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Regular Full Time
STRUCTURAL ASSISTANT ENGINEER (Structural Engineering)
Dibble is seeking a highly motivated Structural Assistant Engineer to join our Structural Engineering practice in our Phoenix, Mesa, or Goodyear, Arizona office. This versatile individual will be responsible for the preparation of detailed design drawings and construction documents, and special inspections, with a commitment to providing quality service to our clients.
- Prepare construction plans, technical specifications, technical studies, and reports.
- Prepare quantity take-offs and/or calculations.
- Direct CAD designers and staff in the preparation and production of construction plans.
- Prepare construction documents under the direction of a Project Engineer or Project Manager.
- Coordination of CAD files and design with internal and external team members.
- Perform special structural inspections and construction observations during construction.
- Tabulate and address client review comments from deliverables.
- Utilize in-house methods of quality control to complete projects.
- Incorporate applicable technical knowledge for added value to projects.
- Strengthen technical knowledge through on-the-job, informal, and formal training.
- Ensure appropriate reference material is utilized at all times.
- Coordinate and organize project documentation.
- Participate in monthly meetings and weekly project meetings.
- Ensure all work is completed in conformance with company standards, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrate strong technical knowledge of structural engineering principles.
- Demonstrate competence in the use and application of Risa3D, Risa-Foundation, Mathcad, Enercalc, and AutoCAD.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Strong technical writing skills, and ability to convey engineering decisions and concepts to non-technical and technically based audiences.
- Ability to work within a variety of team environments, including varying team sizes and personnel.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Excellent attention to detail and directions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- Must have an Engineer-In-Training (EIT) Certificate from the Arizona State Board of Technical Registration, or ability to obtain within 6 months of start date.
- Must have a valid Arizona driver's license or be able to obtain a valid Arizona driver's license within 3 months of start date.
- Prior civil engineering experience is preferred.
- Prior experience working in CAD is preferred.
- Experience with existing condition assessments and inspection of structures.
- Experience with NBIS bridge inspections.
- Experience with strengthening and repairing existing structures using Fiber Reinforced Polymers (FRP) a plus.
LOCATION: This opportunity is in our Phoenix, Mesa, or Goodyear office
COMPENSATION: Salary depends on level of skills and experience
Founded in 1962, we provide a full range of civil engineering services to public and private sector clients across Arizona, Colorado, and the Southwestern United States. Our broad market expertise offers the ability to deliver complete engineering solutions from concept to closeout. Our business is built on honesty, ethics, accountability, quality, and service.
Our people-focused culture is important, and we consider our employees to be our greatest asset. This culture is why we have so many long-term employees that have been with our firm between 15 and 35 years. Our employees enjoy an industry-leading benefits program, the ability to balance their home and work life, opportunities for growth and development, company activities, and various opportunities to give back through community service.
READY TO JOIN OUR ENGINEERING TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this opportunity, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
Dibble is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.