- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Regular Full Time
100% premium-paid major medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their families, life, short-term disability, long-term disability, a 401(k) plan with match and no waiting period, generous paid time off (PTO), 7 paid holidays, and tuition reimbursement programs including some that dependents are eligible for!
PROJECT ENGINEER (Airport) - Phoenix, AZ
Dibble employs the industry's finest engineers, designers, and planners, providing expertise and valued resources for municipalities, private clients, federal, state, and local agencies. Dibble is looking for a skillful and highly motivated Project Engineer to join our Airport Development Team in our Phoenix, AZ location. This is an opportunity for you to join our fine group of respected professionals.
Our employees enjoy our industry-leading benefits program, ability to balance their work life and home life, opportunities for development and growth, company events & activities, and the various opportunities to give back with our community activities.
This dynamic individual will be responsible for engineering and leading design efforts for airside and landside airport infrastructure and development projects.
- Prepare construction plans, technical specifications, technical studies and reports.
- Prepare quantity take-offs and/or calculations.
- Direct CAD designers and less experienced staff in the preparation and production of construction plans.
- Provide quality reviews of own work and work by designers in accordance with Company's quality control program and processes.
- Assist in construction administration and inspection of projects, including the preparation of inspection reports, material quantity verification, and reviewing and responding to contractor material submittals, RFI's, and change order requests.
- Knowledge and application of FAA Advisory Circulars for airport design and construction. Including but not limited to runways, taxiways, aircraft parking aprons, grading/drainage, and pavement markings.
- Demonstrate strong technical knowledge of civil and/or airport/aviation engineering principles.
- Demonstrate competence in the use and application of AutoCAD Civil 3D. Including but not limited to horizontal and vertical control/geometry, incorporation and interpretation of survey data, creating point files and surfaces, and creating plans and profiles.
- Ability to mentor and train other CAD Designers and Engineers-in-Training.
- Strong technical writing skills, and ability to convey engineering decisions and concepts to non-technical and technically based audiences.
- Ability to work within a variety of team environments, including varying team sizes and personnel.
- Prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, or a related field, from an accredited college.
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) in Arizona OR be able to obtain an Arizona PE license within 6 months of employment.
- Minimum 4-8 years of engineering experience.
- 3 years of aviation engineering experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of increasing experience and application of AutoCAD Civil 3D.
LOCATION: This opportunity is in our Phoenix, AZ office location
Founded in 1962, we provide a full range of civil engineering services to public and private sector clients across Arizona, Colorado, and the Southwestern United States. Our broad market expertise offers the ability to deliver complete engineering solutions from concept to closeout. Our business is built on honesty, ethics, accountability, quality, and service.
Our people-focused culture is important, and we consider our employees to be our greatest asset. This culture is why we have so many long-term employees that have been with our firm between 15 and 35 years. Our employees enjoy an industry-leading benefits program, the ability to balance their home and work life, opportunities for growth and development, company activities, and various opportunities to give back through community service.
READY TO JOIN OUR ENGINEERING TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
Dibble is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.