- Denver, CO, USA
- Base + Bonus
- Regular Full Time
100% premium-paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their families, life, short-term disability, long-term disability, a 401(k) plan with match and no waiting period, generous paid time off (PTO), 7 paid holidays, and tuition reimbursement programs including some that dependents are eligible for!
Dibble employs the industry's finest engineers, designers, and planners, providing expertise and valued resources for municipalities, private clients, federal, state, and local agencies. Dibble is looking for a skillful and highly motivated Project Engineer to join our team in Denver, CO. This is an opportunity for you to join our fine group of respected professionals focused on the practices of: transportation, water & wastewater, and land development.
This role of Project Engineer is responsible for preparation of detailed design drawings and contract documents for urban highways, rural roadways, and city streets. Additionally, developing concepts, preliminary engineering and final design for projects, including roadway geometrics, profile design, modeling, grading design, super elevation, traffic control, and signing and marking. Experience in roadway drainage design, including pavement drainage, storm drain systems, retention basins, and culvert design is a plus.
- Independently perform detailed roadway or site design.
- Independently perform detailed drainage design.
- Coordinates with various disciplines of roadway projects, including survey, drainage, utility, and traffic.
- Prepare construction plans, technical specifications, technical studies and reports.
- Prepare quantity take-offs and/or calculations.
- Direct CAD designers and less experienced staff in the preparation and production of construction plans.
- Provide quality reviews of own work and work by designers in accordance with Company's quality control program and processes.
- Attend and participate in client meetings.
- Assist in developing marketing proposals.
- Assist in construction administration of projects, including reviewing and responding to contractor material submittals, RFI's, and change order requests.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a team-oriented environment and have a strong commitment to the Values of the Company. He/She will have the ability to participate in complex and high value projects, work with manage multiple projects simultaneously without sacrificing quality of effectiveness, make sound decisions for the benefit of the project and the Company, and be able to consistently meet project deadlines while always maintaining a high level of quality.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge in roadway or site design and drainage design.
- Demonstrate strong technical knowledge of engineering principles.
- Demonstrate competence in the use and application of AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation and Inroads. Including but not limited to: horizontal and vertical control/geometry, incorporation and interpretation of survey data, roadway modeling, retention basin modeling, staking diagrams, cross sections, and earthwork calculations.
- Ability to mentor and train CAD Designers and Engineers-in-Training.
- Strong technical writing skills, and ability to convey engineering decisions and concepts to non-technical and technically based audiences.
- Ability to work within a variety of team environments, including varying team sizes and personnel.
- Prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, from an accredited college.
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) in Colorado OR be able to obtain a Colorado PE license within 6 months of employment.
- Minimum 4-8 years of engineering experience.
- Experience working in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microstation, and InRoads preferred.
- Experience working in ArcGIS preferred.
- Experience with Public Works projects preferred.
LOCATION: This opportunity is in our Denver office location
COMPENSATION: Annual Base Salary Range: $80,000 - $95,000 DOE. The expected salary range for this position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The final agreed upon compensation is based on the successful candidate's individual education, qualifications, and experience.
Founded in 1962, we provide a full range of civil engineering services to public and private sector clients across Arizona, Colorado, and the Southwestern United States. Our broad market expertise offers the ability to deliver complete engineering solutions from concept to closeout. Our business is built on honesty, ethics, accountability, quality, and service.
Our people-focused culture is important, and we consider our employees to be our greatest asset. This culture is why we have so many long-term employees that have been with our firm between 15 and 35 years. Our employees enjoy an industry-leading benefits program, the ability to balance their home and work life, opportunities for growth and development, company activities, and various opportunities to give back through community service.
READY TO JOIN OUR ENGINEERING TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
Dibble is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.