- 08-Apr-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Orlando, FL, USA
- Full Time
Who We Are:
Design Interactive Inc. (DI) is a woman-owned small business specializing in human systems integration and committed to developing innovative solutions that accelerate human performance. Beyond human performance research and experimentation, DI's capabilities extend to user experience design, full software development capabilities including immersive, mobile, and web application development, systems engineering and integration, and testing and evaluation. DI solves the most pressing human performance challenges for customers across the DoD, Federal, and commercial markets and is on the cutting edge in areas of: eXtended Reality (XR) training and operational support, adaptive training solutions, biosignature analytics, and user experience design.
Why Work for Us?
Enjoy the opportunity to be part of an innovative and dynamic team on the cutting edge of emerging technologies and help expand our portfolio of human performance-enhancing solutions.
The Research Associate will assist in research and development of technologies and methods for his/her unit while mentoring team members and identifying portfolio expansion opportunities. This role will also perform functions to identify, develop, and track proposals to fund future projects.
What You Need:
- Masters or Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering, Human Factors Engineering, HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Applied Psychology, Experimental Psychology, or related field.
- Minimum 4 years experience conducting in human factors research and development, cognitive task analysis, and gathering user-centered requirements from observational data.
- Requires strong project management and networking skills
What You Will Be Doing:
- Plan, with guidance, and conduct human factors research and end user evaluations of interactive systems/product concepts, analyze data and document evaluation methods; create tables, charts, figures, etc. for accessibility and preparation of manuscript publications.
- Plan, with guidance, and conduct needs analysis, focus groups, competitive usability analyses, cognitive walkthroughs and other research.
- Ensure smooth progression of participants through progressive stages of a study and resolve issues inhibiting day-to-day operations of the study.
- Lead knowledge facilitation sessions with subject matter experts.
- Research literature related to specific projects or proposals.
- Assist in preparing technical reports, summaries and quantitative analyses of assigned research projects.
- Contribute to writing manuscripts for publications; contribute to the development of bid proposals, including support of tasking breakdown.
- Acquire an understanding of the evolving field of Human Factors, including critical topic areas (e.g., perceptual skills, decision making, situational awareness, neurophysiology, cognitive modeling, leadership, critical thinking, culture, emotion, trust, multimodal interaction, team performance, usability, etc.), methodologies, and tools, as they relate to DI's practice areas of Performance Assessment, Training Systems, Cognitive Readiness, and Next Generation Human Systems Integration.
- Translate user needs into detailed requirements specifications and design documents, ensuring requirements are properly represented and the appropriate level of user participation is achieved.
- Use estimation techniques to forecast tasking and create simple project schedules
- Promote DI products and services at various customer locations and functions.
- Interview, recommend and train staff as required. May evaluate performance or assist in the evaluation process.
- Recommend staffing requirements as necessary.
- Physical requirements involve performing general office activities.
- Position requires local, overnight, and a minimal amount of extended travel.