SYSTEM OPERATIONS DISPATCH SUPERVISOR
Delaware Electric Cooperative (DEC) is a thriving member owned utility located in Southern Delaware. The area features numerous state parks for biking, hiking, fishing, recreational water sports, and sandy beaches. DEC serves more than 110,000 homes, and businesses and is committed to providing safe, reliable, and competitively priced energy services.
We are proud to have been named one of Delaware's top workplaces! Our incredible and hardworking team is dedicated to serving our community with their various expertise. We value our employees and offer competitive pay and exceptional benefits.
DEC is seeking a full-time System Operations Dispatch Supervisor to support daily operations within the Operations and System Dispatch departments. This position should understand the duties and responsibilities of the line and service crews and have a general understanding of electricity. Responsibilities for the System Operations Dispatch Supervisor include:
- Share in the responsibility for service outage restoration during and/or after normal work hours.
- Provide daily supervision and management of Cooperative personnel to assure safe, reliable, member sensitive operations.
- Assist in developing plans for construction and maintenance in terms of programs, personnel, facilities, equipment, and supplies and submits plans to the Manager of System Control for review, revision, and recommendation.
- Assist in budget proposals for the entire Operations Department.
- Communicate with Contractors on work in progress to assure adherence to established standards, practices and safety standards and inspect assigned equipment to ensure that there is proper performance in maintenance and handling.
- Investigate accidents upon request.
- Periodically appraise the performance of personnel under their supervision and offer constructive improvements in work processes and practices
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A SYSTEM OPERATIONS DISPATCH SUPERVISOR
Education: Graduate of an accredited four-year institution with emphasis in Engineering or the equivalent level of experience and technical training may be substituted in lieu of part of the education requirements. Specialized training in line construction and electrical maintenance is desirable.
Experience: Must have a minimum of six (6) years progressively responsible experience in the field of electrical utility distribution, which may include construction, maintenance and operations of distribution lines and related apparatus.
Knowledge: Must possess an effective working knowledge of construction, maintenance, and operations of distribution lines. Must have a sound working knowledge of construction specifications and the National Electrical Safety Code. Must have a sound working knowledge of proper and safe use of tools and equipment used in line construction and maintenance, both energized and de-energized. Must have a thorough knowledge of first aid. Should be willing to complete courses relating to his/her area of work, especially supervisory and technical training programs. Must understand the terms of a labor contract.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable, so we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this technical support job, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
Location: Greenwood, Delaware 19950