Delaware Electric Cooperative (DEC) is a thriving member owned utility located in Southern Delaware. The area features numerous state parks for biking, hiking, fishing, recreational water sports, and sandy beaches. DEC serves more than 110,000 homes, and businesses and is committed to providing safe, reliable, and competitively priced energy services.
We are proud to have been named one of Delaware's top workplaces! Our incredible and hardworking team is dedicated to serving our community with their various expertise. We value our employees and offer competitive pay and exceptional benefits.
DEC is seeking a full-time Benefits Administrator is responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker's compensation, life insurance, flexible spending plan, retirement plans, etc.). This position provides excellent customer service and designs quality benefits plans. The Benefits Administrator continually investigates new benefits programs, improves existing programs, and supervises and monitors benefits administration.
- Research employee benefits plans and vendors to identify those that present the best value.
- Design, recommend and implement new benefits programs. Explore possible plan design enhancements and benefits cost changes.
- Coordinate daily work related to benefits processing. Process benefits enrollments, COBRA coverage, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDROs, QMCSOs, distributions, loans, hardships, and compliance testing.
- Review short- and long-range plan cost estimates in anticipation of current plan adjustments and implementation of new programs.
- Survey industry trends. Complete benefits surveys and review information obtained from the results. Analyze complex benefits information. Forecast trends and assist with future benefit plan designs. Develop specific recommendations for review.
- Monitor administrative costs of benefits programs and recommend cost containment strategies, including alternative methods for administration and funding. Prepare budgetary recommendations and assist in the monitoring, verifying, and reconciling of budgeted funds.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A BENEFITS ADMINISTRATOR
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Accounting or other related field. Experience in Human Resources and benefit administration may be substituted in lieu of part of the education requirements.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP and CEBS professional designations preferred.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years' experience in a Human Resources related activity, including one (1) year experience in personnel and benefits. Experience with Cooperatives or in related utility industry along with Supervisory and/or training experience desirable. Additional education and/or experience in the following fields: Personnel Administration, Labor Relations and Compensation may be substituted in lieu of part of the experience requirement.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable, so we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this technical support job, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
Location: Greenwood, Delaware 19950