Billing and Energy Services Manager
Delaware Electric Cooperative (DEC) is a thriving member owned utility located in Southern Delaware. The area features numerous state parks for biking, hiking, fishing, recreational water sports, and sandy beaches. DEC serves more than 110,000 homes, and businesses and is committed to providing safe, reliable, and competitively priced energy services.
We are proud to have been named one of Delaware's top workplaces! Our incredible and hardworking team is dedicated to serving our community with their various expertise. We value our employees and offer competitive pay and exceptional benefits.
DEC is seeking a full-time Billing and Energy Services Manager to ensure information related to member billing, allocating, and retiring capital credits and all related activities, are accurately processed, and maintained in accordance with approved Cooperative procedures.
- Perform various related billing tasks, including but not limited to, rate changes, meter exchanges, service order changes, etc.
- Directs daily billing activities to ensure accurate and timely processing.
- Continuously review billing procedures and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide leadership by implementing the use of Meter Data Management for billing activities and developing advanced, member-focused services using meter data such as: Member Usage Anomaly Detection and Solar Revenue Estimation.
- Maintain the Cooperative's Meter Data Management system.
- Directs the Cooperative's on-time, accurate delivery of meter data, including billing data from the metering system.
- Ensure a high degree of meter data integrity through control and audit of processes and procedures used to capture, validate, and estimate data.
- Responsible for ensuring the execution, validation, edits, and estimation of collected meter data prior to it being used for billing.
- Take action to investigate and reconcile any meter and billing data gaps when necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A Billing and Energy Services Manager
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field preferred.
- Five (5) years' work experience.
- Experience with Advanced Meter Infrastructure, MDM, and billing systems.
- Prefer electric utility billing experience (NISC billing software)
- Attendance at seminars, conferences, safety meetings, training, and Members' Annual Meeting as requested or assigned.
- Must be able to report/respond to work when needed.
- Perform such other activities as requested or assigned by the supervisor.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable, so we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this technical support job, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
Location: Greenwood, Delaware 19950