The Foundation for Defense of Democracies (FDD), a Washington D.C.-based nonpartisan think tank focusing on national security and foreign policy, is seeking a Director for its Center on Economic and Financial Power (CEFP). The Director, in consultation with CEFP's chair and FDD senior management, will determine and implement CEFP's research priorities and programs.
- Conduct original research on issues covered by CEFP.
- Write for publication on these issues for both internal and external publications, including newspapers, journals, and online outlets.
- Develop and manage the CEFP's board of advisors.
- Discuss national economic security issues, the work of CEFP, and your research at events organized by FDD and in outside venues, and on television and radio news programs.
- Serve as a resource for research and analysis to members of the policy community and journalists.
- Increase the target audiences for CEFP research and enhance CEFP's reputation among its audiences.
- When invited, testify before Congress and other U.S. and international governmental bodies on your research findings.
- Identify opportunities to collaborate with FDD's programs and fellows to integrate research related to economic security and economic warfare into their work.
- Create and manage strategic and operational partnerships.
- Work with FDD's development team to identify and raise funds to support CEFP.
- Manage and develop the skills of personnel assigned to CEFP, including the selection and management of the project's interns.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to you consistent with your position as Director of CEFP.
- Master's in a related field
- 10+ years' experience in a relevant field
- Nuanced understanding of American foreign policy and national economic security
- Strong analytical, writing, and communication skills
- Ability to define objectives and execute research plans
- Prior USG, Capitol Hill, or private sector experience preferred
- Management experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in remote or office setting, independently and as part of a team.
FDD is a Washington, DC-based nonpartisan 501(c)(3) research institute focusing on national security and foreign policy.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter, CV, and writing sample. Please include the cover letter expressing your specific interest in FDD.