- Full Time
Unlimited PTO, Individual Coverage Health Reimbursement, 401(k), and much more!
Deep Living Lab is seeking a full-time remote Marketing Director to build the visibility of a holistically supportive, engaging, and inclusive set of offerings based on Roxanne Howe-Murphy's book, Deep Living with the Enneagram: Recovering Your True Nature. You will further develop the Deep Living Lab brand and create all digital marketing/communications, print publication marketing, website, social media, and client experience strategies to consistently reflect Deep Living Lab's values to a diverse audience.
You are committed to presence-based work and living, embody exceptional emotional intelligence, strong communication/listening skills, and are highly self-aware and observant. You have experience in strategic marketing, familiarity with gravitational pull approaches, and have engaged customers/clients/students in in-person and virtual educational programs. You maintain collaborative relationships with all colleagues and partners and contribute to building a culture of inclusivity and belonging where people's full potential and humanity are welcomed and valued.
Founded in 2020, Deep Living Lab is a 501(c)3 nonprofit building towards our vision of being a significant force in moving towards a world where people access their deepest sources of wisdom and live with a greater sense of wholeness. We offer a unique framework of transformative experiences (e.g. retreats, workshops, healing communities) based on the Enneagram, a self-awareness tool. We believe our work has the potential to impact many people's lives and can be a catalyst for action in healing the world. The Marketing Director will greatly contribute to a new phase of energy and emergence for this small, growing, and ambitious organization.
Deep Living Lab is deliberate and self-reflective about the kind of team and culture that we are building, seeking colleagues who care deeply about supporting each other's growth. Each individual contributes their unique skills and capacities to our mission. Rather than a hierarchical organizational model, we incorporate principles of highly collaborative self-management with formed "labs" focusing on key areas of activity and clearly defined roles and objectives.
Individuals who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or gender-based violence are encouraged to apply.
In this role, you will collaboratively develop and lead the:
Deep Living Lab Brand
- Advance the visibility and impact of DLL's vision and mission
- Lead the identification and clarification of DLL's intended audience;
- Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual strategic marketing plan that results in a gravitational pull of community engagement;
- Identify, curate, and share narrative stories (written and visual) that articulate the impact of our work, spark curiosity, and invite people to engage with us; and
- Actively seek and develop opportunities to influence and build functional partnerships to accomplish organization objectives.
Digital Marketing Strategy
- Manage, maintain, and evaluate digital platforms (website and social media) and determine where, when, and how to disseminate information to the appropriate channels;
- Develop, distribute, and maintain collateral including, but not limited to, digital newsletters, funding proposals and reports, and website;
- Develop and manage annual marketing budget;
- Determine the marketing and communications projects and tasks best suited to internal/in-house development and creation versus external/contracted creation;
- Research, vet, hire and manage external vendor/contractor partners to support communications and marketing activities; and
- Develop and manage a strategy for DLL book publications that increases visibility, builds engagement and integrates with other offerings. Measure and report community engagement metrics over time.
- Co-create human-centered participant experiences that aligns with brand values;
- Identify community and participant needs and take proactive steps to maintain positive and engaging experiences;
- Institute visual design standards for live in-person and virtual offerings and ensure brand integrity and alignment are consistently upheld; and
- Communicate effectively, listen sensitively, adapt communication to the audience, and foster effective communication with others.
- Contribute to building a culture of inclusivity and belonging that embraces the contributions of all team members equitably and in alignment with our values of engaged presence and interconnectedness;
- Commitment to engage in dialogue and reflective learning about equity, inclusion, and belonging of individuals with diverse life experiences.
- Collaborate with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, students, contracted partners, and other stakeholders; and
- Demonstrate our shared values of radical honesty, dignity, inclusivity, curiosity, trust, integrity, and gratitude.
You offer the following:
- At least 7 years of applied marketing and/or communications experience including at least 2 years of strategy development (required) in a mission-oriented organization (strongly preferred);
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing strategy in client/student/customer engagement, digital content development, book publishing, or donor communications (required);
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias, which informs your approach to marketing/communications (required);
- The ability to take high level concepts and transform them into compelling and engaging messaging, and disseminate it to diverse audiences through various distribution channels (required);
- Demonstrated experience in creating or managing visual design development (digital and print) (strongly preferred);
- Experience learning customer needs/priorities and using that insight to develop innovative and effective marketing programs that generate greater and deeper engagement (strongly preferred);
- Comfortable in start-up environment with ability to self-prioritize multiple projects/tasks (required);
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills, including writing/editing and speaking (required); and
- Ability to attend virtual team meetings from 8am - 3pm PST Monday through Thursday (required).
What we offer:
- Fully remote position with new hire office equipment stipend and monthly internet/mobile phone reimbursement
- Unlimited and encouraged PTO
- Individual Coverage Health Reimbursement
- Retirement 401(k) contributions with 5% match
- Learning & Development reimbursement
- Standing invitation to participate in our offerings
- Supportive and flexible working environment to accommodate any accessibility needs.