We are seeking experienced caregivers who can work Part-time. This is a 1:1 staffing case.
CNA, DSP, CAI, HHA, PSA, PCA, Care Giver, Certified Nursing Assistant, Community Access, Direct Support Professional, Home Health Aide, Proxy Care Give
Units-Home Health Aide -Additional Staffing 1:1
Monday thru Friday
9 am-1 pm: Monday and Friday (1 Individual)
9 am-12 pm: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (1Individual)
12 pm-4 pm: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (1Individual)
The schedule would be:
4 hours Monday and Friday
7 hours Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Total hours Weekly: 29 hours a week
Destiny's Child Inc., CNA's, Home Health Aides, PSA's/PCA's, Companion-Sitters and Coordinators are known as a Direct Support Professional, (DSP). Destiny's Child Inc. is looking for qualified applicants to fill the position of Direct Support Professional. DCI is a service provider for adults with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities. This position will be responsible for performing routine activities related to the health, safety, and welfare of individuals receiving services. This position is assigned to provide community living support services directly in an Individuals' home.
HOME CARE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Able to read and write.
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Able to complete written reports and documents.
- Able to use a computer/able to type/fast learner.
- Successfully complete training or demonstrate understanding and practical competency in the following areas:
- Understanding the needs and characteristics of elderly, handicapped, mentally retarded, mentally disabled, or convalescing individuals.
- Meal preparation and serving.
- Transportation and escort services.
- Housekeeping to include sanitation, home safety, handling medical emergencies in the home; and infection control.
- Routine skincare
- Assistance with toileting
- Ambulation and transferring of client
- Encouraging physical activity
- Applying firstaide in case of sudden illness or an accident
- Reminding client to take prescribed medications (Supervision/oversight of medication)
- Providing watchful supervision and oversight
- Preparing meals and washing dishes
- Assist client with grocery shopping
- Assist client with activities within the community
- Assist client with ISP goals
- Medically related activities to include the taking of vital signs
- Participate in the establishment and implementation of the Individual's service plan
- Report problems and progress of Individual to physician and others as approved by the Individual
To apply you must meet the guidelines listed below:
- (2) years verifiable experience as a care provider
- Proof of Legal authorization to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Clean Background
- Current CPR(Click here to get CPR certification)
- Current First Aide Card(Click here to get First Aid certification)
- Current Physical (Can be obtained at local Health Department)
- Current TB or Chest X-Ray
- Valid GA Driver License
- CNA or able to pass PSA test(Click here to check your CNA status)
The Coordinator is in constant contact with the client, the public, and the community and brings important issues before the Senior Coordinator and Administrative staff. Specialized training or one year of experience in working with a person with developmental disabilities.