Realize your full potential and be a part of a team with one goal and one purpose: to help others be better.
Dalby, Wendland & Co., the largest public accounting firm on the Western Slope, is looking for Tax Staff to join our rapidly growing firm.
Pay: From $23.25 per hour (based on experience)
Position Type: Full-Time Non-Exempt
In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay Act, Compensation Differentials for this position are based on education, experience, training, and geographic location, as well as DWC's seniority and merit systems.
A typical day includes:
• Teaming with Supervisor to ensure both that (a) clients comply with all applicable authorities, while at the same time minimizing their tax and reporting burdens, and (b) self and client service teams comply with all Firm policies, standards
• Applying understanding of client's unique set of circumstances, documentation, and/or other requirements mandated by law and preparing required filings (tax returns) using a system of review and documentation to ensure that the client is in full compliance, while keeping the client's tax and reporting burden's as low as possible
• Ensuring all data needed to comply with filing requirements are collected; identifying and properly communicating missing items to prepare return
• Utilizing Firm compliance software to maximize efficiency in tax preparation process
• Working with Supervisor on completion of project
• Documenting all significant tax positions
• Assisting with developing, recommending, and implementing efficient and effective methods to maximize client benefits, especially by decreasing clients' current and future taxes
• Applying knowledge of home state corporate, partnership and individual tax structure and filing requirements in completing assigned work
• Effectively drafting clear and concise general memorandums and correspondence
• Identifying potential relevant tax issues or opportunities as part of the tax compliance process
You will have:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
• Medical, dental, & vision
• Limited FSA and Dependent Care FSA with employer match
• HSA with employer contribution
• 401k plan with employer match
• Generous PTO policy
• Paid holidays
• Cell phone and internet reimbursement
• CPA exam reimbursement and bonus
• Continuing Professional Education
• The largest public accounting, audit, and business advisory firm headquartered in beautiful Western Colorado with offices in Grand Junction, Montrose, and Glenwood Springs.
• We value community investment, integrity, and quality and provide a good work-life integration.
• Recognized by INSIDE Public Accounting (IPA) as a Top 300 Firm.
• With over 90 employees, you will be part of the team and will give you all the tools and training to continually learn, grow, and advance.