Realize your full potential and be a part of a team with one goal and one purpose: to help others be better.
Dalby, Wendland & Co., the largest public accounting firm on the Western Slope, is looking Tax Seniors to participate in all aspects of tax preparation.
Pay: From $30.00 per hour (based on experience)
Position Type: Full-Time Non-Exempt
In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay Act, Compensation Differentials for this position are based on education, experience, training, and geographic location, as well as DWC's seniority and merit systems.
A typical day includes:
• Ensuring both that (a) clients comply with all applicable authorities, while also minimizing their tax and reporting burdens, and (b) self and client service teams comply with all firm policies and standards
• Answering Tax staff questions, and coordinating engagement from onset by communicating expectations and procedures with Tax staff
• Conducting detailed reviews on basic (A level) returns and appropriate review notes for preparers; raising potential tax issues
• Meeting internal deadlines to match the client expectations for timely delivery of service
• Identifying book-to-tax differences
• Identifying when research is needed; clearly and concisely framing issues to be researched; and clearly and concisely reporting the analysis
• Applying most Firm and professional standards for preparation of tax returns
• Assisting with developing, recommending, and implementing efficient and effective methods to maximize client benefits, especially by decreasing clients' current and future taxes
• Identifying consulting opportunities to reduce client's tax liability
• Providing efficient and effective support for client consulting projects
• Documenting all significant tax positions, clearly, correctly, and in accordance with Firm and office policies
• Introducing and developing new or improved ideas to improve the position of clients, the Firm, or Firm personnel, e.g., by reducing taxes or expenses or providing non-tax benefits
• May be required to prepare studies of tax implications and offers clients alternative courses of action
• Acting as mentor to Staff Accountants, actively helping them succeed by transfer of knowledge, expertise and talent
You will have:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
• Two years' experience in public accounting
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
• Medical, dental, & vision
• Limited FSA and Dependent Care FSA with employer match
• HSA with employer contribution
• 401k plan with employer match
• Generous PTO policy
• Paid holidays
• Cell phone and internet reimbursement
• CPA exam reimbursement and bonus
• Continuing Professional Education
• The largest public accounting, audit, and business advisory firm headquartered in beautiful Western Colorado with offices in Grand Junction, Montrose, and Glenwood Springs.
• We value community investment, integrity, and quality and provide a good work-life integration.
• Recognized by INSIDE Public Accounting (IPA) as a Top 300 Firm.
• With over 90 employees, you will be part of the team and will give you all the tools and training to continually learn, grow, and advance.