Realize your full potential and be a part of a team with one goal and one purpose: to help others be better.
Dalby, Wendland & Co., the largest public accounting firm on the Western Slope, is looking for Tax Managers provide tax knowledge to clients for the entire tax line of business.
Pay: From $91,000 per year (based on experience)
Position Type: Full-Time Exempt
In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay Act, Compensation Differentials for this position are based on education, experience, training, and geographic location, as well as DWC's seniority and merit systems.
A typical day includes:
• Ensuring both that (a) clients comply with all applicable authorities, while at the same time minimizing their tax and reporting burdens, and (b) self and client service teams comply with all Firm policies and professional standards
• Conducting top level review of Tax returns and resolving all tax issues with client; involving specialists where appropriate
• Communicating with client and Audit any issues identified in tax accrual reviews
• Planning and reviewing the tax process and the procedures to be performed to include:
• Budgeting and staffing
• Monitoring engagement process and actual time incurred vs. budget with assistance of Senior
• Timely billing including management of identified out-of-scope activity and communication to client
• Managing client relationships/expectations in accordance with the project
• Providing advice to clients in a timely manner
• Identifying when research is needed; clearly and concisely framing issues to be researched; and clearly and concisely reporting the analysis
• Applying most Firm and professional standards for tax advice and tax returns
• Involving firm specialists, as appropriate
• Assisting with developing, recommending, and implementing efficient and effective methods to maximize client benefits, especially by decreasing clients' current and future taxes
• Serving as a technical resource
• Ensuring client service teams comply with Firm policy
• Framing projects and issues for effective delegation to seniors and associates
• Developing an in-depth understanding of the technical and practical issues and opportunities regarding one or more areas of taxation, e.g., individual, corporate, property, sales, corporate, pass-through, state and local, international, expatriate, transfer pricing, credits and incentives, compensation and benefits, accounting methods, R&D tax benefits
• May be required to organize and conduct effective internal CPE training sessions in area of specialization, involving Firm specialists
• Introducing and develops new or improved ideas to improve the position of clients, the Firm, or Firm personnel, e.g., by reducing taxes or expenses or providing non-tax benefits
• Reviewing studies of tax implications and offering clients alternative courses of action
• Identifying and leveraging lessons learned on prior projects, and offering input on how to improve processes and methods
• Supervising Tax Staff and Senior Tax Staff on all projects
• Reviewing work prepared by Tax Staff and Senior Tax Staff and provide review comments
• Training Tax Staff and Senior Tax Staff how to use all current software tools
• Acting as a Career Advisor to Tax Staff and Senior Tax Staff
• Scheduling and managing workload of Tax Staff and Senior Tax Staff
• Providing verbal and written performance feedback to Tax Staff and Senior Tax Staff
You will have:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
• MBA in Accountancy beneficial, MBA in Taxation preferred
• CPA, EA, or MBA
• Required continuing professional education
• Eight years public accounting tax experience
• Prior supervisory experience
• Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat
• Experience with tax research databases such as BNA and RIA Proficient in all tax compliance process software including Pro FX Tax, Pro FX Engagement, and QuickBooks or comparable programs
• Medical, dental, & vision
• Limited FSA and Dependent Care FSA with employer match
• HSA with employer contribution
• 401k plan with employer match
• Generous PTO policy
• Paid holidays
• Cell phone and internet reimbursement
• CPA exam reimbursement and bonus
• Continuing Professional Education
• The largest public accounting, audit, and business advisory firm headquartered in beautiful Western Colorado with offices in Grand Junction, Montrose, and Glenwood Springs.
• We value community investment, integrity, and quality and provide a good work-life integration.
• Recognized by INSIDE Public Accounting (IPA) as a Top 300 Firm.
• With over 90 employees, you will be part of the team and will give you all the tools and training to continually learn, grow, and advance.