Dalby, Wendland & Co. is looking for an experienced bookkeeper who is detail-oriented, highly motivated, and strives to be a positive team player.
Pay: From $21.00 per hour (based on experience)
Position Type: Full-Time Non-Exempt
In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay Act, Compensation Differentials for this position are based on education, experience, training, and geographic location, as well as DWC's seniority and merit systems.
A typical day includes:
• Maintaining full-charge bookkeeping for multiple clients
• Examining and verifying data, distributing and posting same to proper accounts
• Maintaining cash books, daily journals and ledgers
• Preparing payroll and accounts payable checks
• Preparing quarterly and annual payroll reports
• Tracing and adjusting errors
• Completing trial balance at prescribed periods and preparing financial statement for regular audit
• Maintaining accurate files and records for each client
• Providing QuickBooks consultation and assistance as required
• Preparing sales tax reports
• Providing consultation and assistance to clients in all bookkeeping and software areas
• Providing management accounting reports
• Allocating income and expenses using class tracking and/or job costing features
• Providing recommendations for business and technological process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client operations, processes, and business objectives
You will have:
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business preferred
• Proficiency in QuickBooks required
• QuickBooks ProAdvisor preferred
• Knowledge of payroll process required
• Occasional travel to client office's required
• Attitude of learning and coachability required
• Medical, dental, & vision
• Limited FSA and Dependent Care FSA with employer match
• HSA with employer contribution
• 401k plan with employer match
• Generous PTO policy
• Paid holidays
• Cell phone and internet reimbursement
• Continuing Professional Education
• The largest public accounting, audit, and business advisory firm headquartered in beautiful Western Colorado with offices in Grand Junction, Montrose, and Glenwood Springs.
• Recognized by INSIDE Public Accounting (IPA) as a Top 300 Firm.
• With over 90 employees, you will be part of the team and will give you all the tools and training to continually learn, grow, and advance.