Realize your full potential and be a part of a team with one goal and one purpose: to help others be better.
Dalby, Wendland & Co., the largest public accounting firm on the Western Slope, is looking for Audit Staff that will be responsible for preparing financial statements, applying basic areas of GAAP, and assessing various control systems.
Pay: From $24.15 per hour (based on experience)
Position Type: Full-Time Non-Exempt
In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay Act, Compensation Differentials for this position are based on education, experience, training, and geographic location, as well as DWC's seniority and merit systems.
A typical day includes:
• Applying knowledge and understanding of the collective effect of various factors on establishing or enhancing effectiveness, or mitigating the risks, of specific policies and procedures by:
- Identifying and considering all applicable policies, laws, rules, and regulations of the firm, regulators, or other authoritative bodies as part of engagement team
- Making constructive suggestions to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures
- Documenting and validating the operating effectiveness of the clients' internal control system
• Applying knowledge and understanding of governing principles; applying these principles to client transactions; and documenting and communicating an understanding and application of these principles by:
- Providing support of conclusions with authoritative literature
- Drafting basic sets of financial statements with disclosures
- Researching intermediate areas of accounting and forming an initial opinion on the correct treatment independently
• Applying knowledge and understanding of professional standards; application of the principles contained in professional standards; and the ability to document and communicate an understanding and application of professional standards on an engagement by:
- Developing and applying an intermediate knowledge of auditing theory
- Applying auditing theory to various client situations
- Applying knowledge to identify instances where testing may be reduced or expanded and notifying more senior team members of the occurrence
- Contributing ideas/opinions to the engagement teams
• Applying knowledge and application of Firm standards to guide effective and efficient delivery of quality services and products by:
- Completing all appropriate documentation of BDO work papers
- Ensuring assigned work is performed in accordance with BDO methodology and requirements
• Applying methodology used to seek or maintain information from authoritative sources and to draw conclusions regarding a target issue based on the information by:
- Researching basic and intermediate accounting topics and forming an initial opinion on the treatment independently
You will have:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
• Basic understanding and experience planning and coordinating the stages to perform an audit of a basic public and/or private company
• Ability and willingness to travel, as needed
• Knowledge of internal accounting controls and professional standards and regulations (GAAP, GAAS, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm
• Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and within a group environment
• Solid analytical and diagnostic skills and ability to break down complex issues and implementing appropriate resolutions
• Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy
• Solid project management skills
• Medical, dental, & vision
• Limited FSA and Dependent Care FSA with employer match
• HSA with employer contribution
• 401k plan with employer match
• Generous PTO policy
• Paid holidays
• Cell phone and internet reimbursement
• CPA exam reimbursement and bonus
• Continuing Professional Education
• The largest public accounting, audit, and business advisory firm headquartered in beautiful Western Colorado with offices in Grand Junction, Montrose, and Glenwood Springs.
• We value community investment, integrity, and quality and provide a good work-life integration.
• Recognized by INSIDE Public Accounting (IPA) as a Top 300 Firm.
• With over 90 employees, you will be part of the team and will give you all the tools and training to continually learn, grow, and advance.a