Realize your full potential and be a part of a team with one goal and one purpose: to help others be better.
Dalby, Wendland & Co., the largest public accounting firm on the Western Slope, is looking for Audit Managers that will be responsible for supervising, directing, and reviewing the results through the delegation of tasks throughout planning, field work, and wrap-up stages of an Audit client engagement.
Pay: From $88,000 per year (based on experience)
Position Type: Full-Time Exempt
In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay Act, Compensation Differentials for this position are based on education, experience, training, and geographic location, as well as DWC's seniority and merit systems.
A typical day includes:
• Applying knowledge and understanding of the collective effect of various factors on establishing or enhancing effectiveness, or mitigating the risks, of specific policies and procedures
• Applying a broad understanding of objectives and components of the overall control environment and organization, and supervisory controls
• Validating and assessing effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting
• Identifying and communicating suggestions to management for client internal control improvement and accounting procedures
• Identifying and delegating functions of the audit to the auditor in charge as deemed appropriate
• Supervising the work of audit team and reviewing workpapers and conclusions preferably onsite during audit field work
• Providing on-the-job-training to the engagement staff during audit field work
• Applying knowledge and understanding of governing principles; applying these principles to client transactions; and documenting and communicating an understanding and application of these principles
• Identifying and consulting with clients on the impact of new accounting pronouncements
• Monitoring and communicating important professional, industry pronouncements
• Presenting and discussing alternative generally accepted accounting principles and arguments for/against such alternatives
• Drafting complex financial statements and related footnote disclosures and effectively communicating these to client
• Identifying complex accounting issues and forms and documents resolution, seeking counsel of BDO technical experts as needed
• Applying knowledge and understanding of professional standards; application of the principles contained in professional standards; and the ability to document and communicate an understanding and application of professional standards on an engagement
• Applying a thorough knowledge of professional standards/practices, including GAASPCAOB in performing and supervising work
• Providing guidance to others and affirming conclusions made by others
• Communicating matters required to be reported to the Audit Committee/Board and those charged with governance
• Applying the use of efficiency tools such as statistical sampling, CAATS, etc.
• Applying knowledge and application of DWC standards that guide effective and efficient delivery of quality services and products
• Conducting detailed review to assure audit is completed in accordance with audit manual standards
• Preparing or reviewing required communications to management and audit committees, ensuring timeliness and completeness
• Recommending appropriate outcomes to critical issues
• Initiating and preparing client acceptance/retention procedures where appropriate
• Planning the audit process and overseeing the execution of procedures with quality, efficiency, and completeness despite pressures of deadlines.
• Applying methodology used to seek or maintain information from authoritative sources and to draw conclusions regarding a target issue based on that information
• Defining methodology to conduct research projects and completing in a timely manner
• Applying comprehensive knowledge of all appropriate research tools and drawing conclusions based upon appropriate research
• Preparing memo supporting research/conclusions and consulting with others if appropriate
• Presenting issues to RTD or concurring reviewer effectively and accurately
• Being responsible for supervision of Staff and Senior Staff on all projects
• Reviewing work prepared by Staff and Senior Staff and providing review comments
• Acting as a Career Advisor to Staff and Senior Staff
• Scheduling and managing workload of Staff and Senior Staff
• Providing verbal and written performance feedback to Staff and Senior Staff
• Teaching/coaching Seniors and Staff to provide on the job learning
You will have:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
• MBA in Accountancy preferred
• Eight or more years prior work experience in public accounting
• Prior significant supervisory experience
• Sound GAAP and GAAS knowledge
• Possess proven solid verbal and written communication skills
• Possess excellent people development and delegation skills, including training/instruction and engagement scheduling and budgeting
• Possess executive presence - need to be able to be primary contact for the client, prepare and present presentations to clients and potential clients
• Possess client development/relationship-building skills
• Possess solid decision-making skills
• Able to resolve complex accounting issues
• Able to be responsible for business development and marketing
• Able to be responsible for engagement profitability including billings and collections
• Medical, dental, & vision
• Limited FSA and Dependent Care FSA with employer match
• HSA with employer contribution
• 401k plan with employer match
• Generous PTO policy
• Paid holidays
• Cell phone and internet reimbursement
• CPA exam reimbursement and bonus
• Firm sponsored Continuing Professional Education
• The largest public accounting, audit, and business advisory firm headquartered in beautiful Western Colorado with offices in Grand Junction, Montrose, and Glenwood Springs.
• We value community investment, integrity, and quality and provide a good work-life integration.
• Recognized by INSIDE Public Accounting (IPA) as a Top 300 Firm.
• With over 90 employees, you will be part of the team and will give you all the tools and training to continually learn, grow, and advance.