Autonomous Vehicle Intern
Intern level position. Design and develop software and embedded hardware applications. Responsible for the application of computer science methods and techniques to store, manipulate, transform, or present information by means of computer systems. Computer science work requires in-depth knowledge of the theoretical foundations of computer science, including computer system and system software organization, the theoretical models for the representation and transformation of information structures, and knowledge of relevant mathematical and statistical sciences. At this level employee often refers problems not covered by instructions or guides to the supervisor or senior level for help or a decision.
**This job requires you to be either a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident, due to State Department Regulations regarding ITAR related programs.
* Must have practical expertise with one or more of the following programming languages: C++, Java.
* Linux operation and knowledge of the software development tool chain.
*Ability to code through a variety of methods, such as subversion, make, gcc, javac, and a text editor.
Additional preferred skills:
*basic physics (mechanics), basic electrical circuit knowledge, familiarity with Linux/Posix system calls, WPF, mechatronics, strong science and math skills. Specifically, comfortable working with linear algebra, trigonometry and understanding of calculus concepts.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
*0-2 years of experience in Software Engineering or a related technology field
Additional preferred experience:
* Familiarity with Linux/Posix system calls.
* Interest in machine vision.
* Experience with openCV, boost, openGL, and Swing is useful
* Comfortable with linear algebra and trigonometry.
* Knowledge about Calculus, physics (mechanics), and electrical circuit concepts are also useful
* Some knowledge of Solidworks
Ann Arbor, United States