- Globe, AZ, USA
- Full Time
The Certified Nurse-Midwife will provide medical care and treatment to obstetrical patients under the supervision of an obstetrician/gynecologist during pregnancy and normal delivery and will instruct patients in proper prenatal and postnatal practices and infant care.
- Takes part in initial examination of patient, monitors course of pregnancy, advising on proper health practices, taking tests as appropriate, and reporting any complications to the obstetrician.
- Prepares patients and their partners for delivery; trains mothers-to-be in exercise, breathing, and relaxation techniques. Provides instructions in breast-feeding if requested.
- Attends and reassures patient throughout the course of labor, monitors the fetus condition, administers medications, notifies physician of prolonged labor or complications indicating need for possible surgical intervention.
- Delivers infant and checks mother and child to ensure that they are responding normally.
- During postpartum period, visits mother and child to give additional instruction in feeding and care of the newborn.
- Conducts classes for patients and family members concerning pregnancy, delivery, and proper childcare.
- Conducts classes for nursing students so they may assist new mothers.
- Provides advice on family planning and performs gynecological services.
- Ability to remain calm during labor and delivery to reassure patient
- Ability to exercise good professional judgment.
- Good verbal and written skills for communication with patients and physicians.
- Sufficient vision and hearing ability (with or without assistance) to effectively monitor patients.
- Sufficient physical strength to assist during labor and deliveries.
Education and Experience:
- Registered nurse and successful completion of a certified post-graduate program for nurse-midwives.
- Certified for practice by national examination and state license.
COBRE VALLEY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER https://cvrmc.applicantpro.com