Under limited supervision, maintains the front office of the Clinic. Provides assistance to the Physician (or Physicians Assistant) and patients performing a variety of direct and indirect patient care duties. The Outpatient Clinic provides a variety of medical services to individuals from all age groups, therefore, the Clinical Assistant must be competent to provide care to the patients in the following age groups: infant, toddler, school-age, teenage, adult, senior, and geriatric. The Clinical Assistant must be able to perform various laboratory procedures, including phlebotomy, CLIA waved testing, and processing of specimens. The Clinical Assistant adheres to the principles, philosophy and mission of Cobre Valley Regional Medical Center in all aspects of job performance.
- Completion of an approved vocational/technical school
- Current Arizona Medical Assistant Certificate, or Certified C.N.A. preferred
- BLS/CPR Certification required
- Medical terminology and procedure knowledge to effectively communicate with outside medical offices and patients with confidence.
- One-year of medical back office experience with the ability to perform laboratory procedures, CLIA waved testing, preparation and administration of injections, EKG, assisting of minor surgical procedures and casting, insurance company prior authorizations, and triage.
- Skilled at multitask abilities, detail-oriented self-starter and self-managed. Maintains self with professionalism at all times.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of computers. Previous experience with Meditech system or mainframe system preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure. Must be able to deal tactfully and effectively with patient, coworkers and third party representatives.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions, must be able to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines