Under the direction and supervision of the operating surgeon, the Physician Assistant-First
Assist will provide high quality, cost-effective patient care by performing surgical preparation
procedures, peri-operative and post-operative procedures and assists in performing surgical
and other procedures. The Physician Assistant-First Assist will work in the operating room in
addition to having pre-admit, pre-operative outpatient duties. The PA First Assist will adhere to
the principles, philosophy and mission of Cobre Valley Regional Medical Center in all aspects
of job performance.
- Graduate of an approved primary care physician assistant or surgical physician
assistant program approved by the National Commission on Certification of Physician
- Valid Arizona Physician Assistant license.
- Physician Assistant - C (PA-C) by the National Commission on Certification of
Physician Assistants (NCCPA) or obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Universal Provider Identification Number - UPIN (must obtain UPIN and other
necessary provider numbers by end of probationary period).
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Ability to handle conflict situations and resolve problems
- Ability to work with people at all levels across the hospital organization
- Able to talk with co-workers, customers, outside vendors and on the telephone
- Able to communicate effectively in English.
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider
- Current ACLS
- Current PALS
*RELOCATION TO THE SERVICE AREA IS REQUIRED*